Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prequal site 😊

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Amex Prequal site 😊

Well, for the very first time since my rebuild, Amex showed a prequal for me. EX hit 665 and decided to SEE 👀 if Amex had something? It showed the Gold SkyMiles BUT with a variable APR😞

I didn't app of course(gardening) but it was nice to some Amex love😊

Hope everyone is safe and healthy🤞

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Prequal site 😊

You're getting closer. From my understanding 670 Experian in the minimum score requirement. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

You're getting closer. From my understanding 670 Experian in the minimum score requirement. Good luck!

That is rough @AllZero , now you gonna leave the poor myFICO'er,

figuring out how to get a quick score boostSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

That is rough @AllZero , now you gonna leave the poor myFICO'er,

figuring out how to get a quick score boostSmiley Very Happy

@M_Smart007 . Using the FICO clock, he only needs a short amount of time. 😉

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX does not have a hard mininum score requirement and there are members here who have been approved with scores lower than 670.

It's probably fair to say that a score of about 670 is where odds of approval start to improve but it's still the specifics within the individual profile that matter, and a profile with a 670 score.  If one wanted to improve the chances of success they should continue to work on their deficiencies, for example reducing utilization on current cards or allowing derogs to continue to age out, until their profile generated a score closer to 680-690.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold is normally considered one of the easiest, if not the easiest, AMEX revolver to get approved for. Where core revolvers may need closer to 700 than not, it's not unusual for Delta Gold to come in around 650 and there have been some one-offs approved even lower. 

FWIW, I have only seen a fixed APR on my AMEX prequals once, back in 2018, yet the prequals have been solid anyway and when I wasn't prequalified, I was denied, and when I was, I was approved. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.