Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Product Change?

Hello everyone!

So last week I applied and got approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Platinum Charge. However, right now I'm regretting that I should have applied for the TrueEarnings Costco Card. Can I product change my cashback card to Costco or do I have to apply for it as a new application?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Product Change?

You will have to apply for it separately.

Any AMEX PCs must be on accounts that are 13 months old, and I'm not certain you can PC to a co-branded card.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

So last week I applied and got approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Platinum Charge. However, right now I'm regretting that I should have applied for the TrueEarnings Costco Card. Can I product change my cashback card to Costco or do I have to apply for it as a new application?

Thanks!

As the other poster stated, you have to wait 13 months for PCs. Also, some cards cannot be PC'd. I am fairly sure the Costco TE card falls under that category, but you would need to check with Amex. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!

As the other poster stated, you have to wait 13 months for PCs. Also, some cards cannot be PC'd. I am fairly sure the Costco TE card falls under that category, but you would need to check with Amex. 

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Message 4 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Costco card/TE would have to be a seperate application all together. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Costco card/TE would have to be a seperate application all together. 

Just curious since I heard people had product changed their TE to a blue cash ... too lazy to dig through all the archives.

Message 6 of 7
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Not sure if the rules have changed but I was able to change FROM a co-branded card, AmEx Delta to the BCE about a year ago.

At the time I had only had the AmEx Delta about a week or so. The TE Costco my be different though.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.