Amex SP Denial

tag
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex SP Denial

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@Chazzay12 wrote:

I have no idea about the Lexus thing.. 

But when I've applied for CLI with Amex they use my Ficos that are roughly a month old. It takes some time to update. 

A month old? Interesting. I applied a day after my Experian was fixed with all my derogs removed and I got approved where as the night before I was instantly denied. Who knows 

Assuming that was your first Amex card(BCP) or you were getting back in with Amex when you app'd, they obtained a new hp. So they were able to get the immediate EX report whereas for the online sp's, that data is typically a month old. So it's very likely your new scores haven't updated internally yet. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 11 of 14
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@nytokyobred79 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@Chazzay12 wrote:

But when I've applied for CLI with Amex they use my Ficos that are roughly a month old. It takes some time to update. 

A month old? Interesting. I applied a day after my Experian was fixed with all my derogs removed and I got approved where as the night before I was instantly denied. Who knows 

Assuming that was your first Amex card(BCP) or you were getting back in with Amex when you app'd, they obtained a new hp. So they were able to get the immediate EX report whereas for the online sp's, that data is typically a month old. So it's very likely your new scores haven't updated internally yet. 

Timeline goes 4/19 SP app instant denial. No reasons given but I still haven't got the letter. Cited LexisNexis on letter provided through email. Froze Nexis that night. 

4/20 around 10 pm decided to SP app for same card and was granted an offer. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 12 of 14
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@nytokyobred79 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@Chazzay12 wrote:

Timeline goes 4/19 SP app instant denial. No reasons given but I still haven't got the letter. Cited LexisNexis on letter provided through email. Froze Nexis that night. 

@drewricomakeubu  Well no one has come back to chime in on this.. but this is very interesting (and odd). 

I assume you got access to your Nexis Lexis report as well while you were in the process of freezing it. Was there something blaring out on the report that Amex would have an issue with?

This is new and different.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 13 of 14
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@nytokyobred79 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@Chazzay12 wrote:

@drewricomakeubu  Well no one has come back to chime in on this.. but this is very interesting (and odd). 

I assume you got access to your Nexis Lexis report as well while you were in the process of freezing it. Was there something blaring out on the report that Amex would have an issue with?

This is new and different.

I wasn't able to get instant access to the report, suppsoed to be coming in the mail but I was able to freeze it that night. I will update when I get the report in the mail. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.