Did you mean: 

Amex after bk

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex after bk

Jan I will be one month and 5 years after bk 

planing to apply for Amex finely

my Available credit is around $280,000 and 3% utilization Does having so much available credit is Something that a Amex  doesn't like?

No negative Excellent credit

Also can I go straight to the gold car do I have to first to the sky Delta sky ? Scores are 740 FICO 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: Amex after bk

You should be fine. My file is worse then yours and got a Cash Magnet card 5.5 yrs post bk. I don't know the difference it would make with the gold card but I understand charge cards from Amex are actually easier to get.   Hope this helps

Message 2 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

my Available credit is around $280,000 and 3% utilization Does having so much available credit is Something that a Amex  doesn't like?

Also can I go straight to the gold car do I have to first to the sky Delta sky ? Scores are 740 FICO 

If AMEX were to decide that they had a problem with cardholders who had $280K in available credit there would be a number of us here including myself who found themselves in serious doodoo. 

There are some institutions who do have a problem with that (<cough> NASA FCU <cough>)  but AMEX absolutely isn't one of them. 

Don't play games with yourself,  apply for the card you want.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

@Jccflat, MHO is, App for the card that fits your spend the best.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:

Wouldn't one caveat be if you included Amex in your BK?  I assume that you didn't. If you did, then the stories here range from having to pay them back first to get an optima card, to waiting up to 30 years to get off their blacklist. 

Message 5 of 10
Jccflat
Established Contributor

I did include amex  but for only 5k if it's under 10k u won't get blacklisted

didn't know that policy till someone here told me that recently I was surprised 

plus I tried applying for no reason like a year ago and they pulled my credit 

I am a AU on 3 Amex cards 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:

Yup if they pulled your credit, it means you're off the blacklist, congrats! They can still deny you but at least you've got a chance. Last time I pulled the trigger, instant denial and no hard inquiries. That was about 6 months ago. They were IIB but not for a lot, not nearly 10k 

Message 7 of 10
markhs777
Regular Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

Even if you "only" burned Amex for 5K it would quite the feat obtain a card from it with a 5 year old BK still reporting. BTW how did you achieve a 740 fico with the BK and possible IIB accounts?

Message 8 of 10
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Equifax didn't report my bk so that opened my doors in the beginning to build myself,

Message 9 of 10
markhs777
Regular Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

Equifax didn't report my bk so that opened my doors in the beginning to build myself,

Amex always pulls EX and are notoriously nonforgiving regarless of the amount that was defaulted but best of luck if you pull the trigger.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.