Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & CSR... A Fraud Alert Story

tag
wilkersonk
Established Member

Amex & CSR... A Fraud Alert Story

After disputing (and removing) an item off my report, the CRA's have a fraud alert on my reports. Not so bad until you'd like to app a few times before leaving the country for a few months. I applied for both the Chase CSR and the Amex Gold. Both gave me the 30 day decision and I called both immediately. Both want address verifications. I was SUCH a fool when allowing Amex to call my bank as I remembered I hadn’t updated my address since we bought the new house. Verification obviously failed and they asked for a letterhead. Thankfully my bank was more than happy to give it to me and even fax it for me. If you’re in the south, get a BBVA account. They rock. Funny thing about that—he didn’t even check my ID so I could have been  anyone. So foolproof, eh, Amex? Later on I called Chase to go through the whole process again. With them though, they asked that I go into a branch. I will update as I go along. Both have stated that the app is approved if the address can be verified. I leave on the 29th for 3 months which would negate any bonus sign up points if they can’t get me the cards on time. Crossing my fingers!

For some data points, Amex pulled TU; 680. Chase pulled Experian; 690 (both are FICO 8 scores; high UTL right now as we’re remodeling but always PIF). I am an AU on accounts already (3 Amex, 2 Chase) with big spends/limits for both. Not sure if that helped. My TU went up 4 points for the inquiry! So strange!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wilkersonk
Established Member

Re: Amex & CSR... A Fraud Alert Story

Verified myself at the Chase branch and CSP approved! 16k starting CL (I was hoping for a 5k line as my highest personal CL is $4k) which is insane because I started with high 500s/low 600s not even a year ago when CapitalOne took a chance and gave me a QS One. I learned a TON from this forum and wouldn't have ever been able to accomplish what I have without it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 3 of 4
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats, I hope they both arrive in time.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.