Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Chase Sapphire Reserve Application

Skeeter7
Valued Member

Amex and Chase Sapphire Reserve Application

Hey guys!

So I can REALLY use your help! Many of you who read my story about a year ago understand that I have been through a crap ton and have came up from the ashes from a very aweful situtation that happen. If you want to know, here is the link to what happen about a year and a half ago to me:

Discover It APPROVED After 2 years of resting my c... - myFICO® Forums - 6164592

Now Im in a good situation after applying 10 months ago for the Amex Platinum and didn't get approved. Reason of decline was I had a very short Credit history, which made since. BUT the reason that happen is becuase of the issue that had happen to me. I had my identity was stolen and I had to literally erase most if not 90% of my credit report due to the identity thieft.

So now after a year and 4 months I have strengthen my credit file and want to get the 2 cards I have been dreaming of getting, Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve. I will post my credit history and file below to get all of you opinons and can def use some advice if you guys done mind lol! What do you think of my chances of getting both of those cards this month? I SERIOUSLY FLY A LOT. In the last 2 years (even during covid) I went from Gold to Platinum status with Delta WITHOUT having the Amex card. After my trip to Italy then off to Thiland and back to the USA this Novemeber, I will hit Dimond status.

Below is my current status and guys PLEAE GIVE ME YOU HONEST OPINON, JUST DONT BE A (Mod cut -- not here, please @Skeeter7 - please be mindful of the myFICO TOS & Forum Etiquette) ABOUT IT HAHAHAHAHA! I will apply for the Amex Platinum this Thursday but waiting to apply for the Chase Reserve at the end of this month after my Signature Visa Credit Union balance finally reports so that my score sky rockets. I will keep everyone updated this month while I apply for the Amex and Reserve. Here are my status:

EX 737 EQ 722 TU 734

UTIL 9%

AAoA 1.3 years

No Derog

No Late payments

BECU Visa- Sig 10,500 Limit (Bal 500.00/ just paid down last week) 12 months of age

Discover It- 3000.00 Limit (Bal 107.00) 1.5 years of age

BECU LOC- 1000.00 Limit (Bal 200.00) 1.5 years of age

Sychrony Ashley's card- 1000.00 Limit (Bal 0.00) 1.3 years of age

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BECU PL- 10,000.00 Limit (Bal 503.00) 1.5 years of age ( paid it down extremly fast once things got situated on my move, which is why I got the loan)

First Premier CC- 500.00 Limit (Bal 0.00) had this closed after my fraud issue back in 2019. Got it becasue of the fraud.

Would love some advice and opinons. By the eay, I have did the pre qual and got a couple cards on a pre approved status BUT that was 2 weeks ago. Now it would give me anything! Anyoe have that happen before? Nothing changed so I worrry I wont get it now since I can get the pre approval anymore haha?

Thanks and opinons are welcome!

Ruthford S.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex and Chase Sapphire Reserve Application

Congrats on making progress in your rebuild. Looks like you've got some really good products from BECU.  

I can't say for certain, but with the wait, and the BECU card in your history, the AMEX Platinum should be within reach. 

A suggestion for another BECU product. If you get a Share Secured Loan from them, you will add an Installment Loan to your credit mix. It sounds like you don't yet have a mortgage or car loan to be an Installment Loan?  The way this works, you place $500 in a savings account at BECU, they secure it ( you can't withdraw for the term of the loan ) then BECU signs you up for the Share Secured Loan, with up to a 5 year term. The $500 savings account earns interest, and the secured loan interest rate is very small since they have the cash in the savings account. After the SSL is signed up ( same day you do the cash deposit ) you get the $500 loan proceeds, so no cash out of pocket. Make the $10 per month loan payments and as the loan goes down it improves your utilization metric. Others pay down the loan faster, to try to improve the utilization earlier, I just let it pay off according to the schedule to keep the loan active for the loan term. When you pay off the loan, you get the $500 out of the savings account. There are more details and discussions, other CU as options in the Understanding FICO Scoring forum.  

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.