Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app odds.

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Amex app odds.

Hi everyone.

OK, after quite a bit of rebuilding Im beginning to build up my nerve to try my luck with Amex. He is my profile

Current Fico8 Ex 686

Chargeoffs 5 ( all over 6 years old only 1 is paid ) One of the accounts ages off in like 5 weeks (the one that is PIF )

Time since last late 56 months

AAoA 4.5 years

Inquiries 14 total but only 5 in last 12 months

No collections

Current util 7%

Im looking at the easiest card to qualify for just to get my foot in the door. For me, its a tossup between Delta Skymiles or Amex Green

Do I have  chance?

EDIT  Nothing popping for me on Amex prequal site

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex app odds.

I would say go for it... Your Ex is good enough, plus the fact that there is nothing anywhere recent as far as baddies on your reports..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for both of those cards in the same day.  start with the delta sky miles.  if you get it, apply for the green card, you will most likely get it too.  

your profile looks good enough for both. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no underwriting difference between the Green, Premier Rewards Gold or Platinum cards.  Apply for the one that best suits your needs and don't apply for the Delta card unless you actually plan on flying on Delta airlines.  There is absolutely no benefit to having an Amex card just to have one.

Message 4 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I would be apping for the sole purpose of stroking my own ego. I acknowledge this. The difference between the green, gold or plat to me is the AF. Since I do not plan on running through the dollars to make the gold or plat self sufficient, I will take the green.

I am entitled to my ego. I may take my own steps to nurish said ego.

Besides, im thinking of maybe the BCE insted of Delta but BCE is harder to get

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the unpaid chargeoffs, I would say you would be declined. IMO only. Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

I would be apping for the sole purpose of stroking my own ego. I acknowledge this. The difference between the green, gold or plat to me is the AF. Since I do not plan on running through the dollars to make the gold or plat self sufficient, I will take the green.

I am entitled to my ego. I may take my own steps to nurish said ego.

Besides, im thinking of maybe the BCE insted of Delta but BCE is harder to get

The charge accounts are a little easier to get approved for than the credit card revolvers. However if you are dead set on getting a revolver, the Delta Gold is rumored to be easier than the others. Possibly easier than the BCE anyway. Could be the difference between an approval or a decline. Good luck OP!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely go for it. I was in the beginning of rebuilding when I apped and was approved for my BCP. It doesn't hurt to try!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're going to get a charge card, the PRG gives better points than the traditional Green, Gold or Platinum. Also, if you already have a CB card, the EveryDay card would be better to combine points from the two cards. The BCP is okay only if you spend a lot at traditional grocery stores.
Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

i have an EXP baddie falling off the end of next month. As much as Id like to pull the trigger now I think I will wait. Maybe my score will be closer to 700 by then. Also a few inquiries wil fall off by then making the report look a little bit cleaner. Thanks all for the input.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.