Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue cash everyday approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex blue cash everyday approval odds?

I made a post about this a couple of days ago, but I was inbetween the amex and a chase card, so the comments were mainly helping me decide between those two, but now I'm just curious about my acceptance for this card!

• Current cards: (list cards, limits, opening date)

• Discover it student | $1,600 CL | Opened: Aug 28, 2019

• FICO Score:

• Experian: 769

• Equifax: 735

• TransUnion: 759

• Oldest account age:

• 10mo

•  Income:
    • $15,000

• Average monthly spend and categories:

• dining $200-300

• groceries: $300

• gas: $40

• travel: $0

• other: $200-300

Will my income or credit length hurt me when applying? I did their pre-qualify tool and it showed the BCE, but I am still hesitant.

I have 100% ontime payment history (I made some mistakes by having a big refund happen so some months showed 0% utilization) but I have never been late or not payed in full at all. I always have a 2-5% utilization as well. (Again besides those negative balance months...will that hurt me?)

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex blue cash everyday approval odds?

Me personally I would wait for your oldest to hit 1 year......But that is just my 2 cents Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 25
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I'm also not sure if they will look for higher income so I will need someone else to put input on that 

Message 3 of 25
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

So September of this year if they work with lower Income :3

Message 4 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

You have a good EX score, only one way to find out?

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything looks good to me, but I'm uncertain what role income will play. 

Amex prequalifies are usually relatively solid, though it's worth keeping in mind they've really tightened up given the economic environment and it's tough to tell how much this has changed how solid the prequals are. 

Message 6 of 25
ccquest
Established Contributor

I'm with Smart on this one, only way to find out is to give it a shot. If approved, it's definitely likely to be on the lower end.

Are your groceries from smaller stores or are they Walmart/Target? If it's the larger super stores, it probably won't code as grocery for your points and you'll only get 1.5% back anyway so the Discover Card's 1% (plus full match to make it 2% while you're in the first year) should be fine.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 7 of 25
capnsloya
Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

I was able to get both an Amex Gold (since upgraded to Platinum) and BCE when my credit history had reached 6 months and my credit report generated my first FICO scores in the low 700's. Prior to applying, I only had a secured DIscover it card and Capital One QS1 and an AAoA of 5 months. Like you, I was also a student and had low income. This was 3 years ago and it might be different now with lenders being more careful but it might at least be worth a try!

Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I may give it a go, my experian score just updated today and my score increased! So maybe it's a sign that I should go for it, haha.

Message 9 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, I may give it a go, my experian score just updated today and my score increased! So maybe it's a sign that I should go for it, haha.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.