Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cl decline

tag
Gat
Established Member

Amex cl decline

Asked for a cl increase for Amex for the 7-10 day letter response... so assuming decline

but checked on website for prequalified offers had some... applied for Hilton honors surpass and was approved

so what gives?.... rather would have the cli than another card...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Re: Amex cl decline

What was the card you were trying for an increase on?  Core AMEX cards generally have higher underwriting standards that co-brands.  They may have been comfortable giving you a $1,000 Hilton rather than increasing an ED or BCE by $2,000.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

When did you get approved for the card? What is its current limit? Have you every attempted to get an increase on the card before?

I also have to ask if you wanted an increase rather than another card then why did you apply for the Hilton? To transfer the credit line over to the card you already have?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is good news that you where approved for a new card.  A CLI you can always ask for again.

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gat wrote:

Asked for a cl increase for Amex for the 7-10 day letter response... so assuming decline

but checked on website for prequalified offers had some... applied for Hilton honors surpass and was approved

If your starting limit on your Amex card is 1K then it will be a long long time before they give you a CLI.   How long I do not know but there have been tons of info regarding this on here people talking about it.  Even myself my first Amex card they gave me 1K and I have yet to get a CLI and that was 2 years ago.

Message 5 of 8
Gat
Established Member

Was approved for delta sky miles card

90 days ago 1k limit

First time requesting cli

Wanted the cli was denied 

checked on prequalify applied for Hilton was approved

Message 6 of 8
Gat
Established Member

@EAJuggalo wrote:

What was the card you were trying for an increase on?  Core AMEX cards generally have higher underwriting standards that co-brands.  They may have been comfortable giving you a $1,000 Hilton rather than increasing an ED or BCE by $2,000.

Delta sky miles

Message 7 of 8
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gat wrote:

If your starting limit on your Amex card is 1K then it will be a long long time before they give you a CLI.   How long I do not know but there have been tons of info regarding this on here people talking about it.  Even myself my first Amex card they gave me 1K and I have yet to get a CLI and that was 2 years ago.

I too am stuck in 1000 limit world. Luckily, other lenders opened up to me. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.