Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli denial ,Update approved 3x

tag
kickhard88
Contributor

Amex cli denial ,Update approved 3x

oh well a little update i was able to improve my credit score to 704 with Ex it was 652 ask for a increase 

You are participating or have recently participated in a payment relief or deferral program,
receiving modified terms, or credit counseling services, on one or more of your accounts or loans

rip

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex cli denial

My condolences, but nice work improving your scores! Keep at it, you'll get there.

Message 2 of 12
kickhard88
Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

My condolences, but nice work improving your scores! Keep at it, you'll get there.

thanks but hoepfully its not a pattern with other lenders discover been good to me in the past months with cli and i just open a Nfcu account

Message 3 of 12
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

@kickhard88 wrote:

@JoeRockhead wrote:

thanks but hoepfully its not a pattern with other lenders discover been good to me in the past months with cli and i just open a Nfcu account

You're getting some love from Disco, so thats awesome. Don't stress what you can't control, you're definitely doing something right so just keep your focus on that, all the other stuff will come in due time and it will be worth the wait.

Message 4 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Did you sign up for one of those debt relief progtams/ask for some hardship program from one of your creditors?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 12
kickhard88
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Did you sign up for one of those debt relief progtams/ask for some hardship program from one of your creditors?

no from what i been told its because of my student loan and the government freeze on repayment so until that is figured out amex wont raise my limit

Message 6 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

no from what i been told its because of my student loan and the government freeze on repayment so until that is figured out amex wont raise my limit

I don't think so cause I have frozen SLs on my report as well, and I was approved for a Blue Cash Preferred in Dec 2021, and then an Amex Platinum on Sep 2022.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 12
kickhard88
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I don't think so cause I have frozen SLs on my report as well, and I was approved for a Blue Cash Preferred in Dec 2021, and then an Amex Platinum on Sep 2022.

its only for cli not for getting a new card and if you got a cli you my have gotten your max amount and in my case i got my max

Message 8 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

its only for cli not for getting a new card and if you got a cli you my have gotten your max amount and in my case i got my max

I've also had 3 successful CLIs on the BCP. $1k -> $3k (3x max they'll approve) March 2022, $3k -> $6k (2x that time) Sep 2022, and last month: $6k -> $18k (3x max again).

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 12
kickhard88
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@kickhard88 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I've also had 3 successful CLIs on the BCP. $1k -> $3k (3x max they'll approve) March 2022, $3k -> $6k (2x that time) Sep 2022, and last month: $6k -> $18k (3x max again).

not sure whats going on i have talked to a good number of people at amex the last couple of days from underwriting, supervisors etc everyone is giving me the same answer

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.