cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex member prequals - any chance of getting dinged?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex member prequals - any chance of getting dinged?

@8bitmachinegun wrote:

I know the subject is rather vague, but let me try to expand on it a bit. I recently got approved (quite unexpectedly) for an AMEX BCE card with an $8K initial CL. I know that AMEX allows current cardholders to check for preapprovals with a SP. Since I'm seeking credit (house repairs, ugh), I have a number of HPs on my report already, which has lowered my Experian score by about 15 points (to 685.) 

If I run the SP on AMEX's preapproval, is there any chance they'll see the lower score and revoke my BCE or reduce my CL?

Hi OP, keep in mind that AmX does regular SP reviews of your CRs. So, they already know what's going on in your CR whether you do a prequal/preapproval or not. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex member prequals - any chance of getting dinged?

@CreditInspired wrote:

@8bitmachinegun wrote:

I know the subject is rather vague, but let me try to expand on it a bit. I recently got approved (quite unexpectedly) for an AMEX BCE card with an $8K initial CL. I know that AMEX allows current cardholders to check for preapprovals with a SP. Since I'm seeking credit (house repairs, ugh), I have a number of HPs on my report already, which has lowered my Experian score by about 15 points (to 685.) 

If I run the SP on AMEX's preapproval, is there any chance they'll see the lower score and revoke my BCE or reduce my CL?

Hi OP, keep in mind that AmX does regular SP reviews of your CRs. So, they already know what's going on in your CR whether you do a prequal/preapproval or not. 

+1

Amex probably knows more about us, than we do. and I do see those soft pulls on EX.   ..They are watching!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.