cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex not eligible for welcome offer?

tag
JackBeNimble1
Contributor

Re: Amex not eligible for welcome offer?

Good to know, Finstar. I didn't realize that. Drat! 

Amex Gold, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex Every Day, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Biz, Barclays Arrival+, Barclays Rewards, Capital One VentureOne, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom, Chase IHG Rewards, Chase United Explorer, Chase Sapphire
Message 11 of 13
JackBeNimble1
Contributor

So I decided to speak to an Amex analyst via the backdoor number. He looked into my situation and said the welcome bonus was not offered because I had closed too many credit cards recently. I did close a Barclaycard last week, a Chase card the week before that, and the Amex Bonvoy card in September. I also closed two Amex business cards in April and February of this year. He did encourage me to apply for the card with the understanding I would not receive the welcome offer. I passed. Oh well. 

Amex Gold, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex Every Day, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Biz, Barclays Arrival+, Barclays Rewards, Capital One VentureOne, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom, Chase IHG Rewards, Chase United Explorer, Chase Sapphire
Message 12 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JackBeNimble1 wrote:

So I decided to speak to an Amex analyst via the backdoor number. He looked into my situation and said the welcome bonus was not offered because I had closed too many credit cards recently. I did close a Barclaycard last week, a Chase card the week before that, and the Amex Bonvoy card in September. I also closed two Amex business cards in April and February of this year. He did encourage me to apply for the card with the understanding I would not receive the welcome offer. I passed. Oh well. 

I believe the primary or main reason was the closure of 3 AmEx CCs in less than 12 months (more so than the external accounts even if those were considered as well) which invariably on the application it does provide such a disclosure that could impact any future SUBs/welcome offers even if no 'warning' pop-up displays.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.