cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offers - Seeing a message Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds - What does it mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex offers - Seeing a message Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds - What does it mean?

Hi, under my account I clicked on "Checked for Pre-qualifed Credit Card offers". I am seeing 

several card listed as "Limted Time Offer" or "New Welcome Offer".

Travel Cards:

Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card

Hilton Honors Card

American Express® Gold Card

Delta Reserve® Credit Card

Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card

Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card

Rewards Points Cards:

American Express® Gold Card

When I click "Apply Now" each one of them each one will say:

xxxxxxxxxx, you are pre-approved!

Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds.

What does that mean? Does it mean I have a greater chance of being approved (with no HP hopefully)? What if say I am being approved and I am still seeing the message above on other cards, does that I mean I can still apply? Thank you all in advance and have a good weekend!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex offers - Seeing a message Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds - What does it mean?

Yes that’s what it means. AmEx has reviewed your profile and internal history and has approved you in advance for those cards. If you’re interested, fill in the few fields asked for and you’ll get your answer. AmEx preapprovals are generally solid, and MOST people get them with no HP as long as they’re at least 2-3 months into membership.

If there’s a card on the list that you want, AmEx is telling you that your chances are very good you can have it.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex offers - Seeing a message Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds - What does it mean?

Thank you sir! You are giving me a greater confidence to apply! I am trying to apply for a card that is different from what I have right now. I want to get Delta Platinum however, it is quite similar to Gold. Delta Skymiles does offers the "Receive a Domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+® or Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card" which is definitely a plus. However, when I can use this round-trip companion for  holiday time travel - Christmas, Thanksgiving... etc and so it is basically buy one get one free ticket right? Thank you.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if you decide to go for it and the outcome.  I checked this morning when I logged in to my account and I am currently pre-approved for all of them but haven't bit the bullet yet. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am still trying to decide which one to go for. Too many choices. I don't use hotels a lot since most of the places I visited either have my relatives living abroad where I could stay for a while or staying at the hostels.  I am trying to compare the benefits and see how much I usually spend annually during my annual travels, mostly 2 on flights and on road on other travels. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, another question. If I apply for the Amex Gold card would that hurt my chances of the future CLI say in few months? Thank you.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think any of us can answer that - it’s determined entirely by your profile and amex’s Internal scoring on you.
Message 7 of 13
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, another question. If I apply for the Amex Gold card would that hurt my chances of the future CLI say in few months? Thank you.

The PRG will not hurt you in anyway as it is a charge card and will not effect any CLI requests on your revolvers.

I noticed you said something about the Delta Platinum, you may want to re-read the part about first class domestic companion, because unless they have changed something that was a perk of the Reserve  card.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good catch @Priory_Man - if I recall the wording, I think it says first class is Reserve only, and Platinum gives the second ticket in coach.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Priory_Man and ImTheDevil for you information and they really help me a lot to decide. I am still reading the PRG benefits. I guess, having a Amex Gold is pretty good enough since Platinum and Delta are pretty much the same. Unless I fly more than 2 times per year it would make sense to get them too. Hotel cards do not really attractive to me since I don't usually stay at the hotel even when one of the card offers the 200 airline credits. I wish the Amex Platinum offer was still up but it expired 2 months ago when I overlooked my mail. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.