Did you mean: 

Amex plat: Apply now or wait?

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex plat: Apply now or wait?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cred4All wrote:

I'm actually going to veer a bit off from the others on this one OP, and say that it's possible you'd be approved.  Getting your score up even another 15 points could help drastically as well.  Thinking back, when I applied for the Amex Platinum I had around a 691 score, but utilization was near the low end and salary on the high end. I also had already had an Amex relationship on top of that.

I know it's put out there as a luxury card, mostly due to the travel perks and benefits, however there have been plenty of DP's that show it's not nearly as difficult to acquire than the CSR.  I also will say that being a charge card, not a 'credit' card, it's easier to be approved for as well.  As this one is close to call, I think it's a YMMV situation.  If you feel you absoutely need it right now, it is worth a shot, but no matter what card it is, of course all of us are better waiting until our scores a little higher, our UTIL is a bit lower, and the adrenaline is flowing just right that day!

I see you have Amex Platinum & CSR in your signature - care to give some thoughts on which is more valueable between the two? In my case, I'm a traveling professional so lots of on the road use.

Gladly (and without stealing the OP's thread) I'll say I love both the Platinum and CSR and travel very heavily myself. I like the CSR UR rewards and 3x travel/dining.. can't go wrong.  The Platinum I have specifically for all the airports and lounges I spend my life in, plain and simple the Amex Platinum is for my traveling comfort in that regard.  CSR for spend, Platinum for comfort/perks.

Also, OP...  if you wanted Platinum go for Platinum, I wouldn't veer to the Gold just to pass the time unless you truly felt you'd use it. They're both charge cards, shoot for what you can use / want.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex plat: Apply now or wait?

Check pre qualified link it’s pretty solid — I got in with the green card my scores were around 670... when my scores rearched 700s (11 months later) is when I started seeing pre approved messages... just pulled the trigger on the platinum with the 75k bonus
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.