Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pre-approval but denied.

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Amex pre-approval but denied.

Wondering if anyone has went through the pre-approval Amex but denied.  I was pre-appoved for the ED, BCE and BCP.  After going through the process I was denied for the BCE card. My EX is 655.  No collections but was late on my BofA card three months in a row in 2015  Has this happened to anyone else? 

Business Cards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex pre-approval but denied.

hm thats weird ive read that amex preapprovals are pretty solid what reason did they give for the denial? if you dont know check the app here

www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s happened to me twice...but I’m on the blacklist due to burning Amex in BK. They’ve given me pre-quals twice...getting my hopes up.

Your score could be what caused the decline. They could have based the pre-qual on an earlier score.
Message 3 of 8
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

I’ll recon tomorrow and see if they will reconsider.  

Business Cards
Message 4 of 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Yes and I was pre-approved for BCE, ED and BCP. My score was 671 at that time. This was before I found this forum.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, other baddies possibly?

Let us know how the recon goes.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GMoney

Have you applied with them within 90 days? I have run into this situation with them. Showing several pre-quals, but if you have either applied or have been approved for one or two of their products within 90 days they will decline, but if everything with your credit stays the same after the 90 days and you still show pre-approved, good chance of approval.

Message 7 of 8
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @Anonymous

Have you applied with them within 90 days? I have run into this situation with them. Showing several pre-quals, but if you have either applied or have been approved for one or two of their products within 90 days they will decline, but if everything with your credit stays the same after the 90 days and you still show pre-approved, good chance of approval.

Called and was told to give them 3-5 business days to recieva an email with a decision.  

Business Cards
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.