Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex won’t let me double dip BCP

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Amex won’t let me double dip BCP

I saw the upgrade offer on my BCE and hatched a plan to app for a new BCP and follow it up with an upgrade so I could earn the bonus twice.

I set up two browser tabs and submitted the new app. It came back inconclusive and told me not to submit any more BCP apps while they looked at my info. I wasn’t going to submit the upgrade app anyway until I got a new one so I ended up just shutting everything down. Later on I saw the BCP no longer showed up on my cash back cards page (which I’ve seen before after a fresh app) and the upgrade link in my BCE offers went away.

Some 12 hours later I got a message saying I was approved. Not one to waste any time I went to see if I could go ahead with the upgrade offer but still no link.

The next day (today) I see the BCP is back on the marketing page with a “Request an upgrade” link but it just has the no-bonus offer like before. Still no upgrade link in my BCE offers.

I’m hoping it comes back eventually so I can get the upgrade bonus. Anyone else ever done something like this?

I wonder if it has something to do with 2/90. My previous app was on 3/14. I didn’t think upgrades would fall into that rule but I suppose it’s possible. Maybe I need to wait and see what it looks like on 6/15.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex won’t let me double dip BCP

@MrDisco99 wrote:
I saw the upgrade offer on my BCE and hatched a plan to app for a new BCP and follow it up with an upgrade so I could earn the bonus twice.

I set up two browser tabs and submitted the new app. It came back inconclusive and told me not to submit any more BCP apps while they looked at my info. I wasn’t going to submit the upgrade app anyway until I got a new one so I ended up just shutting everything down. Later on I saw the BCP no longer showed up on my cash back cards page (which I’ve seen before after a fresh app) and the upgrade link in my BCE offers went away.

Some 12 hours later I got a message saying I was approved. Not one to waste any time I went to see if I could go ahead with the upgrade offer but still no link.

The next day (today) I see the BCP is back on the marketing page with a “Request an upgrade” link but it just has the no-bonus offer like before. Still no upgrade link in my BCE offers.

I’m hoping it comes back eventually so I can get the upgrade bonus. Anyone else ever done something like this?

I wonder if it has something to do with 2/90. My previous app was on 3/14. I didn’t think upgrades would fall into that rule but I suppose it’s possible. Maybe I need to wait and see what it looks like on 6/15.

Nothing to do with 2/90.  Amex bonuses are highly targeted.  You just got the BCP so not offer for you.  This is the reason people try to get offers with Amex in Incognito mode. But that won't work for you as you are trying for an upgrade.   Wait a year cancel your BCP and see if the upgrade offer comes back. 

Also now you have 5 AMEX credit cards you won't be eligible for any more until you cancel one. I woud have hit the Amex Business Credit cards when you free up a spot.  The Amex Business Gold has 50k signup bonus with fee waived the first year and is a charge card so it won't take up a 5 card spot. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.