Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angel Card (Victoria's Secret)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Angel Card (Victoria's Secret)

I am one unhappy camper.
I tried to request a credit limit increase but was denied due to a "late" payment.
I wasn't late. I made the payment before the due date only they had one digit wrong with my checking account which caused it to go "late" -
I just hung up with a representative and there's nothing they an do.
I am being penalized because of a stupid error. She clearly sees the payment was made on time but said there's nothing she can do because the system is showing it as late. She asked if I wanted her to try again but again, my concern was it being denied for the same reason.
She said let's give it a go because it's current as of today. I was denied for the same **bleep** reason.
She sees that I've never missed a payment the entire time I've had my card except this mess up with my checking account number.
She said she had never seen this to be the only reason on a denial letter.
I am pissed.
My husband just got an increase and I pay them both at the same time.
We are never late on our credit card bills so this is really ticking me off yet there's nothing they can do to honor this mistake.
Any suggestions or do I just suck it up and wait till this won't affect my future increases?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Angel Card (Victoria's Secret)

Unfortunately, it's a lesson-learned kind of thing. Even though it was one digit off, it's still not your checking account number and you entered the info. Did you change checking accounts? Usually, when I enter my checking account info, it asks for the number to be entered twice to prevent this type of thing from happening.

Look at it this way. The good thing is it doesn't get reported to the CRA because it wasn't a 30-day late and it will only affect VS internal scoring. So in time, you will be back in their good graces.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am one unhappy camper.
I tried to request a credit limit increase but was denied due to a "late" payment.
I wasn't late. I made the payment before the due date only they had one digit wrong with my checking account which caused it to go "late" -
I just hung up with a representative and there's nothing they an do.
I am being penalized because of a stupid error. She clearly sees the payment was made on time but said there's nothing she can do because the system is showing it as late. She asked if I wanted her to try again but again, my concern was it being denied for the same reason.
She said let's give it a go because it's current as of today. I was denied for the same **bleep** reason.
She sees that I've never missed a payment the entire time I've had my card except this mess up with my checking account number.
She said she had never seen this to be the only reason on a denial letter.
I am pissed.
My husband just got an increase and I pay them both at the same time.
We are never late on our credit card bills so this is really ticking me off yet there's nothing they can do to honor this mistake.
Any suggestions or do I just suck it up and wait till this won't affect my future increases?

Hi and welcome 

I'm a little bit confused. If this is not your first payment, how did you pay before? You dont have saved payment account? 

As far as what you should do, wait it out. I would not expect to see an increase for a while, though. 

They will get over it eventually providing there are no future mishaps. If it happens again, Comenity is known to close accounts for this reason. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ agreed. In all of my accounts, I used the option to add a payment account. I set it up with checking info, triple-checked it, and then I just select it when I make a payment. It would be wise to do this to avoid an error in the future.

As stated above, it’s only a knock on their internal system. Give it 6-12 months and you’ll probably be fine.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar thing happen with my Cap1 QS1 account earlier this year. My bank account experienced some fraudulent activity, so my CU quickly alerted me and we closed that account and started a new one with more security in place.

I updated my Cap1 account to reflect the change on my auto payment. Worked great for a couple of months, till suddenly Cap1 alerts me saying my payment was returned. The reason was that I had entered an incorrect account number. I took screenshots of everything showing that my old bank account had been previously removed from my Cap1 account, so not sure how the new auto pay setup got the wrong account... Didn't matter. They stuck me with the late fee, and slapped my reports with missed payment.  Such a PITA, but it is what it is.

Message 5 of 6
Boss2Boss
New Contributor

Send a Goodwill letter to Comenity Bank.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.