Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another BofA card possible?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Another BofA card possible?

Hello all. I just got my first BofA card 1 month ago today. and i was looking at the Better Balance Card and i would much rather have that than the cash reward. Anyway i went to their pre approval site and before where i could put spongebob in. This time they had all my info already there on the site. Damn. So is it ok to get another card with BofA so soon. I know some have gotten another on the same day. But i mean a month apart? hate to waste a HP. So far for the month im 3-3. after being in the Garden for 9 months. Im so intrigued with getting that $25 bonus per quarter for making more than the minimum payment and a $5 bonus if you redeem into a BofA savings or Checking. I opened a Savings account with them just for this purpose. Redemption. And looks like my $100 bonus is pending. So i will see if they give me a true 10% extra on the cash rewards. Mainly i want advice about this BBR and if anyone apped so fast after the first approval of a card with them. Thanks Taxi.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Another BofA card possible?

Personally, I'd give it a few months of history. BOA tends to like that before extending more cards.

You did good gardening for 9 months. Don't let the itches and MF trends start to get to you again Smiley Happy. Take your time with BOA and they will treat you well.

Message 2 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Personally, I'd give it a few months of history. BOA tends to like that before extending more cards.

You did good gardening for 9 months. Don't let the itches and MF trends start to get to you again Smiley Happy. Take your time with BOA and they will treat you well.

Appreiciate it KDM. i just don't have experience with BofA> probably will be good idea to wait until they know me better. Im actually kind of impressed with them so far. They called me on the phone out of the blue to ask me how did i like the card and if there was anything else they could do for me. Very nice personal touch from a Bank. Waiting on my Td Bank card to arrive in the mail still. They are also very nice to deal with inside the bank.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait a bit.  Not a year but about 6 months.  I had the Rewards and went for the Travel Rewards and it was an instant approval.  And you're right!  Real name and a real pre qualify.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I got my BofA CashRewards last July, and only now am I seeing true prequals for their other cards, so let them get to know you a bit, and BofA will be good to you.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

fwiw, i apped for boa cards a yr and half ago with 36 days apart between apps. both aprroved with decent SL. so yes it's very possible to app/get approved that soon with them. as to getting approval, of course... that's always ymmv. btw i also (main) bank with them at the time which might or might not have helped.

imo, if your credit profile supports it, boa doesn't have any time restrictions between apps. heck, people app for 2-3 boa cards using the multiple browser trick and get approved for all (with 1 HP.) albeit not instant!!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for 3 cards within weeks of eachother. All got approved. Like @incubus24 said, I also bank with them and have very large balances in my checking/money market accounts.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.