cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Credit Cards that pull TransUnion ONLY???

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Credit Cards that pull TransUnion ONLY???

@kayvee_ wrote:

Discover

Discover DOES NOT only pull TU.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover, like most banks can and will pull from 3 bureaus. They pulled TU for me and EX for my DH

US a bank at least in Ca, pulled EQ

Keep in mind, the suggestions given are YMMV.
Message 12 of 43
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Discover, like most banks can and will pull from 3 bureaus. They pulled TU for me and EX for my DH

US a bank at least in Ca, pulled EQ

Keep in mind, the suggestions given are YMMV.

They pulled TU only for me. I'm in CA. 

Message 13 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kayvee_

They may have pulled it for you but I gave you an example of them pulling from 2 different bureaus. We have the same address and the only difference was we app'd 7 mos apart.

OP asked TU only- and that is not Discover.
Message 14 of 43
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Discover pulled Equifax for me. I'm in Ca and that was back in May.
Message 15 of 43
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Compass Bank exclusively pulls TU. They just approved me for a $15,000 card. I have a thin file, lots of new accounts, and they more than tripled my highest credit limit. They saw my recently raised TU FICO of 762 and jumped at it. They might offer you a decent CL with your current scores, but the rewards aren't that great. It depends on what you prerogative is.

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 16 of 43
Pmanock33
New Visitor

Barclay pulled experian for me when i got my rewards mastercard back in march last year  then pulled equifax and trans for a cli   just letting everyone know

Message 17 of 43
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@kayvee_ wrote:

Discover

Discover DOES NOT only pull TU.

+1 Discover pulled my EQ and EX at time at approval last year. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 43
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

To make a story short, no lender is exclusive to one CB. They can easily switch up (like BofA or my CU account) and completely pull another account at an instant. BArclays from the past actually pulled my EQ (a couple of years ago) and now are pulling TU.  

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 19 of 43
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@kayvee_ wrote:

Discover

Depends on card. IT pulls transunion, the open roads pulled Equifax for me last night. I called to recon and get them to pull Trans like they usually do and they said no. They always do equifax for all but IT and said they are switching to Equifax for IT also for some areas that they used to pull TU, not all areas but a lot. They said for CLI's too. So YMMV but updated and confirmed info last night with 3 recon calls. Each told me the same thing without my asking.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.