Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for me to get AMEX?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Any chance for me to get AMEX?

I have my fingers crossed that you can get back in with them. It is possible and it's also possible to have your card backdated to when you first opened up your Amex, so huge plus if you're able to pull that off.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I have my fingers crossed that you can get back in with them. It is possible and it's also possible to have your card backdated to when you first opened up your Amex, so huge plus if you're able to pull that off.

Firstly if I get approved that would be awesome, secondly if they backdate it that would give me 12 years credit history :-)

Now you are pushing it lol.. jk

Message 13 of 16
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 12.37.29 AM.png

I burned them back in 2007 through BK. What are my chances geting back with them?

I'm with everyone else not insta decline means you have a shot! We are rooting for you, good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 14 of 16
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

I have a 5 yr BK and just got a BCE.

AMEX was not IIB however.

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.