Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any credit card advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any credit card advice

My fico scores Are 625/626/629. Current util is 28%.. Bouncing back after foreclosure one year ago.. What cards could I qualify for with a high chance of approval?

Income 70k .. No lates on current credit cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Any credit card advice

Cap1 MC or QS1  , Creditone ( try to avoid if you can )  , Barclays,  Firestone, Victoria Secret  Pretty much any Credit Union Visa or MC

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

capital one if you get a pre-qual offer online

barclay rewards

a number of GE/Sync cards (walmart, Sams, Amazon, 76 Gas, Chevron to name a few)

probably a few shopping cart tricks (Jcrew, Express, Victoria Secret, to name a few)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My fico scores Are 625/626/629. Current util is 28%.. Bouncing back after foreclosure one year ago.. What cards could I qualify for with a high chance of approval?

Income 70k .. No lates on current credit cards

You're in my boat 6 months ago. Scorewise anyway..

Unfortunately you will still be considered sub-prime at least until you're 45pts higher than you are currently. And thus are limited to the usual fee harvester scum lenders, CapOne, Secured cards, and a litany of store cards with loose U/W and mickey mouse limits.

Can your quest for new credit wait a little bit? Is there anything due to come off your reports any time soon that could help you get the push you need?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could bring my util down to <10% which I'm sure would give me a decent bump... Only bads are two paid collections due to fall off in 2018 and of course the foreclosure which was finalized last October.. I suppose I could wait 6 months and reassess
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I could bring my util down to <10% which I'm sure would give me a decent bump... Only bads are two paid collections due to fall off in 2018 and of course the foreclosure which was finalized last October.. I suppose I could wait 6 months and reassess

That would be wise. Again, I know what it's like to be there, so don't be discouraged.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.