Any new 5(+)/24 approvals lately? Update - Chase 5/24 still very alive

tag
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 still very alive

@folks19 wrote:

@mgood wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Another thing, being under 4/24 means nothing to chase if three of those accounts are relatively recent. If 3 of them are from the last six months, it's still excessive credit seeking (according to them) but not necessarily automatic disqualification, that's where the whole "It's all about your profile" starts. 

I'm pretty sure that's why I got turned down in December 2020.
I was 0/24 when I applied and was approved for a Discover it.

Then I thought "I probably could have gotten a Chase card."
Later that day, or possibly the next day, I appled for a CFU and was declined at 1/24.

I believe that had I applied for the Chase card first, it would have sailed through the approval. But since I had just opened another account, they saw it as "excessive credit seeking." (My file was very thin at the time.)

@mgood I doubt that's the case because a new card doesn't usually report until the first statement closing, though there are exceptions. Do you know if your new Discover card reported?

I know they could see the HP, that showed up right away. I don't think the card had actually reported as a new account opened.

I know Chase approved me 5 months later after opening several more new accounts, lol, with a 9.1k SL after a lot more inquiries, but my aggregate utilization was lower. (And I hadn't applied for anything in 2-3 months.)

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 19
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 21 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@folks19 - reference post #2 upthread. There was another topic that captured some DPs associated with 5/24 and the Chase Amazon Visa CC in the Credit Cards subforum. 

So, just as other online resources (TPG, Reddit, etc.) have reported, the restriction is very much still alive and others who tried replicating results for those who were approved, also met denials. It appears some profiles have been able to circumvent it, but that's a very small percentage of applicants. 

It's possible their algorithms may have been tweaked to some extent, but it's not a free for all. Just as the OP posted their experience. 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang... I got the 7-10 day message today Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang... I got the 7-10 day message today Smiley Sad

Update your results once you learn more about the outcome @Anonymous.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do, I called recon and hang up because based on the some dp for DOC better to wait.

Message 25 of 27
flash3
Established Member

Chase Marriott or Chase United cards after 8/24

Has anyone successfully gotten the Chase Marriott or Chase United cards after 8/24? 

With the co-branded cards, I think its more about sponsorship and that Chase pays a percentage to obtain that specific targeted customer base affinity outreach (as a marketing ploy) instead of just advertising on TV to a general audience.  I know with the BOA charity cards, BOA will offer to donate a percentage to the charity if you sign up for the cancer card, etc.

With the airline miles card, there may be some other agreement since airline customers need to collect miles as a reward for FF.

Message 26 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Marriott or Chase United cards after 8/24

@flash3 wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten the Chase Marriott or Chase United cards after 8/24? 

With the co-branded cards, I think its more about sponsorship and that Chase pays a percentage to obtain that specific targeted customer base affinity outreach (as a marketing ploy) instead of just advertising on TV to a general audience.  I know with the BOA charity cards, BOA will offer to donate a percentage to the charity if you sign up for the cancer card, etc.

With the airline miles card, there may be some other agreement since airline customers need to collect miles as a reward for FF.

@flash3there have been some approvals and plenty of denials still citing 5/24. Reference discussion upthread. "Sponsorhip" or "some other agreement" has nothing to do with how Chase has relaxed some of the UW for specific cards, but it's on a selective basis. If you perus e through Reddit or FT, for example, you'll see plenty of folks who have been denied still citing 5/24 conditions. That also includes Hyatt and SW (and biz versions alike) btw.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.