cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new 5(+)/24 approvals lately ?

JLRDC909
Regular Contributor

Any new 5(+)/24 approvals lately ?

Right after Thanksgiving it was reported by Credit Shifuu and some on this board, they they had successful approvals being over 5/24 on some of the Chase co-branded cards. United Explorer, SWA, and Amazon seemed to have been less restrictive and some were getting approved. 

I haven't really read any new approvals since the New Year. I'd like to apply for the United card, but I'm at 5/24 and won't be under until the summer. 

JR
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any new 5(+)/24 approvals lately ?

Bypassing the 5/24 is certainly possible on the cards you mentioned.

The real question is, how lucky do you feel?   .. it is certainly a YEMV situation.

Might be best to go into a branch and see if you have any of those Pre-Approved?

Message 2 of 7
jcooks
Frequent Contributor

Aren't in-branch preapprovals only for non cobranded cards?

And, it's Ben Hedges now, no more credit shifu :/ I enjoyed his videos, not sure the approach on other things as those don't interest me.  I guess time will tell.

Message 3 of 7
JLRDC909
Regular Contributor

Yes. I thought in branch was only for the Chase core cards. You are correct, Guess he's going by Ben now. 

JR
Message 4 of 7
Sub-Azeo

I was approved for the Chase Amazon card mid December while being 12/24 and not showing any offers with their pre-approval link. 

I do have a banking relationship and another cc with them. $150 gift card bonus was too hard to pass up before the holidays.

Message 5 of 7
RDO
Valued Member

@JLRDC909 wrote:

Right after Thanksgiving it was reported by Credit Shifuu and some on this board, they they had successful approvals being over 5/24 on some of the Chase co-branded cards. United Explorer, SWA, and Amazon seemed to have been less restrictive and some were getting approved. 

I haven't really read any new approvals since the New Year. I'd like to apply for the United card, but I'm at 5/24 and won't be under until the summer. 

I was just approved for the flex while sitting at 5/24 for 14K.  Was gonna be at 4/24 in February. 

Message 6 of 7
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

@JLRDC909 wrote:
...I'd like to apply for the United card, but I'm at 5/24 and won't be under until the summer. 

If I were you, I'd apply and see what happens. DPs are showing many successes for Chase cobranded cards while at or over 5/24. In November 2021 I got the IHG Premier while I was at 6/24.

Credit Cards

Debit Cards

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.