cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Planning to App in the Next Week?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Planning to App in the Next Week?

@Remedios wrote:

Good! 

Then I'm sure no where in your research did the risky lending practices, risky lending time, risky borrowers, low risk-high stake borrowers got convoluted, right?

LOL. Stay safe.

Message 21 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good! 

Then I'm sure no where in your research did the risky lending practices, risky lending time, risky borrowers, low risk-high stake borrowers got convoluted, right?

LOL. Stay safe.

I hope so. We're on 5th or 6th infected patient that has received services at our practice.

My paranoia knows no bounds at the moment.  

You, too! 

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good! 

LOL. Stay safe.

I hope so. We're on 5th or 6th infected patient that has received services at our practice.

My paranoia knows no bounds at the moment.  

You, too! 

Well, I'm HOPING I have immunity to it. I likely had a touch of it (sniffles, slight frog in my throat, and dry cough) back in early January. Took me 6 weeks to get rid of the cough. Got it from my DW who didn't fare as well (but survived!). She likely had it late December and early January. Had chills, fever, cough, trouble breathing, lung pain, bad headache, and tiredness. After a few days felt better for several hours and then would go downhill again. Wanted to go to the ER because she thought it was pneumonia, but didn't because there was no congestion. Took her 2 or 3 additional weeks to get full lung capacity back after recovery. She even said back then the illness can kill someone. 

Didn't hear about the virus back then and thought it was a nasty chest cold with no runny nose. I would have loved to know back then if that's what it was.

Message 23 of 35
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

I'm fixing to apply for a Citi double cash card hopefully within the next week. My cap one card was supposed to report zero balance on the 19th but it did not. As soon as that reports i'm going to go for it, IDK how the banks are feeling with this Coronavirus but i'll soon find out hahaSmiley Very Happy

CITI DOUBLE CASH || CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || HUNTINGTON VOICE || BANK OF AMERICA || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY || Apple Card
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I'll be avoiding a Virus and reading Myfico instead Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

What are you going for and with who?

It can certainly be done if you have a strong profile. I think the odds are excellent. 

I apped for my Capital One card in Feb 2009. Weren't ideal times but many here can do it. Like to see what successes are out there.

Message 25 of 35
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

I am considering a US Bank Altitude Reserve app. I had 8HP's fall off my reports in March so I am in single digits again. My newest accounts are 9 months old and will be 10 if I give it another couple weeks. 

Sadly, alot of me wants to apply because I want to just get this card out of the way (it has the most strict UW rules of the cards I would like). I really want to finally accept the BBVA Clearpoints offers that keep coming in the mail. I have watched 4 of them expire and my current offer expires April 15. I would love to not have to walk away from it again.  

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

I am considering a US Bank Altitude Reserve app. I had 8HP's fall off my reports in March so I am in single digits again. My newest accounts are 9 months old and will be 10 if I give it another couple weeks. 

Sadly, alot of me wants to apply because I want to just get this card out of the way (it has the most strict UW rules of the cards I would like). I really want to finally accept the BBVA Clearpoints offers that keep coming in the mail. I have watched 4 of them expire and my current offer expires April 15. I would love to not have to walk away from it again.  

It will be interesting to see,  you have good scores and I wonder if they're tolerant enough with the total CLs you have. May not matter to them in this environment though. 

Message 27 of 35
Mv350
Valued Contributor

I've applied for a few 0% cards for the just in cases that might come up over the next few months. All went to review, so we will see over the next week or so what comes of them.

Message 28 of 35
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

It will be interesting to see,  you have good scores and I wonder if they're tolerant enough with the total CLs you have. May not matter to them in this environment though. 

Cross your fingers for me Man Happy. I think I will wait until the last minute (April 14 or 15) to get as much age as possible on the accounts and let us navigate a few more weeks in the fog of this situation. Hopefully, that time will provide a little clarity for the financial institutions (the flood of calls about losing incomes and seeking help may be on the downside) and maybe some essential employee love movement will start. With the banks seeing who has had their income streams disrupted and who has not.

Message 29 of 35
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

If I didnt have those, I would apply for a new one, but only for that reason. 

I did that a couple of weeks ago thinking I might need it...hoping I don't but at least it's a backup.

As far as anything new....hard pass. Not gonna chance it anymore.  I'm already checking on my accts. more than I should be and that's a direct result of my silliness, so smh at myself 'bout that....putting on my Garden gloves for a looooong, looooong while. (finally)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.