cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else denied for NFCU CLOC but approved for multiple NFCU CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else denied for NFCU CLOC but approved for multiple NFCU CC?

I apped for a Cashrewards online on 5/13 - was approved with a SL of 10K after 24 hour review

I apped for a 15K CLOC (don't really need 15K but I read best to aim high) on 7/5 and was denied instantly no 24 hour review

At my 91st day/3rd billing cycle of my Cashrewards I apped for a Gorewards online on 8/14 - was approved instantly no 24 hour review

Also requested a 1K CLI on card #1 8/14 and that is pending under 24 hour review 

What's up with the CLOC? I am confused as to how I was flat out denied for a CLOC then immediately approved for a 15K SL with a second credit card just over a month later? My score pretty much stayed the same between when I apped for CLOC and when I apped for Gorewards no drastic changes. 

Has anyone else experienced this/has anyone been initally denied a CLOC then approved when apping again later? Is it best to start small with CLOC instead of at 15K? 

Income 70k for all 3 apps, confused as to why such a high SL on both cards but no CLOC at all.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else denied for NFCU CLOC but approved for multiple NFCU CC?

I applied for their CLOC for $10k and was instantly approved, and then applied for one of their credit cards and was only approved for $1k. I imagine they tend to extend the max they’re willing to on the first application, which happened to be your credit card. Perhaps apply for the CLOC first the next time around?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for cashrewards and cloc on 5/16. Denied CLOC and approved for 3k on CR.

I applied for for Flagship last week and was approved 25k. I am going to reapply for CLOC tonight will advise.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the OP; Update. I was approved for a CLI and 2nd card and CLOC....
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.