cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get instant approval for Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Anyone get instant approval for Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

Just curious, has anyone ever gotten an instant approval for a Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

If so what was your score and util?

I was thinking of applying for the Premier version but wanted to know if there was a particular credit score that would warrant an instant approval rather than waiting for the 7-15 day message.

Myfico TU score is currently 780 with 0% utilization  AAOA is 10 years 1 inquiry

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get instant approval for Diner card rather than the 7-15 day message?

@alvon123 wrote:

Just curious, has anyone ever gotten an instant approval for a Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

I was thinking of applying for the Premier version but wanted to know if there was a particular credit score that would warrant an instant approval rather than waiting for the 7-15 day message.

My TU fico is currently 780 with 0% utilization  AAOA is 10 years 1 inquiry

Whoa ... there goes the AAoA and your FICO Score!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone get instant approval for Diner card rather than the 7-15 day message?

I got instant approved when I applied literally the day it came out.  My TU was 775.  The computer only thought about it for 1 second.  They might have changed since then.  I still haven't heard about my 2nd application.  It's going on 4 weeks now.

Message 3 of 18
alvon123
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I got instant approved when I applied literally the day it came out.  My TU was 775.  The computer only thought about it for 1 second.  They might have changed since then.  I still haven't heard about my 2nd application.  It's going on 4 weeks now.

thanks

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get instant approval for Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

@alvon123 wrote:

Myfico TU score is currently 780 with 0% utilization  AAOA is 10 years 1 inquiry

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to Diner's (Waiter's) Club and instapprovals.

Message 5 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone get instant approval for Diners card rather than the 7-15 day message?

Haha I was instant. I think my TU was like 693 at the time. 30% util. Got $10k. Weird. Seen others with much higher scores get 7-15
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Haha I was instant. I think my TU was like 693 at the time. 30% util. Got $10k. Weird. Seen others with much higher scores get 7-15

YOU!

Lol....See what I mean? No rhyme or reason.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt instant..I app'd on a Friday and calle in that Tuesday and was approved.. The rep said i was actually approved on Monday.. So, had i not app'd on a Friday night i probably would have known the next day.. However.. Diners is 110% absolutely YMMV!!!

Message 8 of 18
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

not YMMV but YMWV lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine might as well have been an instant approval. I called 15 minutes after applying and got $15k with a 702 score, 8 inq, and a 3.5 year AAoA.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.