Re: Anyone have this happen to them bbt

Thanks that definitely sound like my situation .ill keep after them thanks
Message 21 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks that definitely sound like my situation .ill keep after them thanks

Most of the time we expect things to go w/o a hitch when it comes to cards and how they show up.  I found this one peculiar enough to keep tabs on them even though they kept brushing it off.  I was to the point where I was just going to payoff my balance and close the account if they didn't keep up with their end of the approval and issue the 2nd card.  I just happened to login to check something and saw the new account # under the summary. 

I shot their SVP of credit services a nice little e-mail a couple of days ago letting him know how the process appears to customers when they drop the ball.  Still waiting on a response which doesn't really surprise me at this point with how things have gone thusfar.  Even their online messages take a couple of days for a response.

Message 22 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me in , looks like i am also part of this 2nd app getting lost saga.

1st card spectrum cash thru sp on april 17 and card shipped e mail on april 24...card in hand on 25th.

2nd card bbt bright cold app, hp on EQ, instant approved on 27th april.... after that nothing... 

My online only shows my 1st card , i was also hoping 2nd will show up there before being shipped. 

no sign of 2nd card. I know it was my greed going for 2nd, and didnt need the 2nd. wasted 1 eq hp. Smiley Sad

edit to add i was on hold for 68 minutes before i gave up and hung up.  Can we call this a bbt lost app train.

Message 23 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear OMI....  Just wait until later in the evenning or hit them during the middle of the day.  Messages won't work for this sort of thing though even if you document it well the agents just don't dig deep enough online.  They're open 6a-12a ET M-Sat.  Middle of the day the wait when I was pushing them was under 2 mins and evenings are usually an instant answer.  I guess what you're seeing is the rush hour effect of everyone calling @ 5pm because they're not aware that they're open until midnight or just want something to do while sitting in traffic.

Message 24 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i see.. i called 1800 226 5228 and selected for new account. The way i was on hold for 1 hour plus, i felt like they not even taking calls..I also have bbt branch 10 min away, would it make any diff if i go into branch and have banker call in with approval e mail and case number ( given in approval e mail ) in hand. also maybe i will open up checking acct with them .

Message 25 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used 800-476-4228 per their info they provided which seems to go over to lending vs a customer service agent.

If you can get someone decent on the phone to open a case to send over to new accounts then it should get resolved eventually.  Opening a checking account wouldn't matter much.  I went in cold w/ no previous accounts with them and managed to get 2 cards.  I don't think wasting a trip to a branch would do much either as you can give them the CRD5 number over the phone to open the case.

Message 26 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would open a case but I deleted my approval emails I don't know my CRDR number

Message 27 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep your going to hear more ppl come out about this it isnt a glitch someone is canceling these apps after theyve been approved.
Message 28 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I'm saying is they taken the approval away it seems it's been 9 days since the approval email .I called in nothing is showing it isn't there. They took it off and don't won't to own up to it .

So far, no one has reported a rescinded approval.  And believe me, there would be no shortage of such threads.   I do recall, however, there was a member who cold apped for one of their CCs and was told it was approved but later found out there was nothing in the system.   This was over a year ago and that situation seemed more like an outlier though.  At the time BB&T didn't have any pre-approval options nor was it a FOTM.   Also, consider the following, there's always a risk whenever there's a flurry of application frenzies and you applied for 2 products within 30 days. 

So, just give things time and hopefully it'll all sort itself out.

@FinStar i believe you are referring to @12njoy  if i am not mistaken

Message 29 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep your going to hear more ppl come out about this it isnt a glitch someone is canceling these apps after theyve been approved.

Seems likely and shouldn’t be surprising either. The huge influx of applications for a single card using the prequal tool is one thing but they probably weren’t expecting people to double and triple dip it. 

Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.