Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have this happen to them bbt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have this happen to them bbt

Okay,Thank you for that phone number, i called and in 2 min someone picked up, she was clueless, she told me she can only see rewards card and there is nothing else there, no 2nd card, or application. i told her about the eq hp i got on same date i applied for bright card and she said that hard pull must be from rewards card which i got. I had to explain lil more but she was in no mood, she said to go into branch and they will help me. I did ask her to open the case which my case number, kinda pushed her, and then she started typing, she asked me for my contact number. she said she is sending this to underwriting dept. because they are the ones who would know anything about it.  i said ok , thank you. end of call.

Now i think this is going to be something like diners club saga we had 2-3 years ago, where they did ran out of plastic to make new cards. and ppl had to wait for weeks including me.  I dont think i will be able to see 2nd card in my hands, worst maybe underwriter will not only cancel my 2nd app will also close 1st card. i wont be surprised either way.

Message 31 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats me too i didnt really want to lose my 1st card either.
Message 32 of 60
slither43
Regular Contributor

You guys are too nice. haha I'm totally fighting them if they try to pull the second and third approvals after hitting me with HP's. That's just not cool

Message 33 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep your going to hear more ppl come out about this it isnt a glitch someone is canceling these apps after theyve been approved.

I agree 100%. someone is killing the approvals.

5 years ago i did have checking with them and i did apply for their credit card in branch, which went pending. next day i got a call from lending dept. a lady with very thick voice ( i can not forget ) asked me questions regarding accounts i have already with others and this and that. 

I did get a feeling that whatever i said to her she was not believeing me, cuz she kept asking after i answer, like interogation. she said to wait for decision, and in a week i got a denial letter stating a reason * too many credit accounts*.  I think its the computer spitting out approvals left and right but their lending agenda is against it.

Message 34 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay,Thank you for that phone number, i called and in 2 min someone picked up, she was clueless, she told me she can only see rewards card and there is nothing else there, no 2nd card, or application. i told her about the eq hp i got on same date i applied for bright card and she said that hard pull must be from rewards card which i got. I had to explain lil more but she was in no mood, she said to go into branch and they will help me. I did ask her to open the case which my case number, kinda pushed her, and then she started typing, she asked me for my contact number. she said she is sending this to underwriting dept. because they are the ones who would know anything about it.  i said ok , thank you. end of call.

Now i think this is going to be something like diners club saga we had 2-3 years ago, where they did ran out of plastic to make new cards. and ppl had to wait for weeks including me.  I dont think i will be able to see 2nd card in my hands, worst maybe underwriter will not only cancel my 2nd app will also close 1st card. i wont be surprised either way.

It helps to have the inside loop on contacting them.  2 mins is a lot more reasonable than over an hour.

Pushing them to do something seems to be the key.  After I pushed and kept bugging them they finally issued the 2nd card when they couldn't find the info in their system about 16 days later is what it's showing online from the date they opened the escalation to when it was issued.  At this point I would just wait until Monday rolls around and then start bugging them again for a status update since your case should be queued up to be looked at and maybe there will be some notes on the account when you call.  Just don't let them lull you into complacency with their excuses they come up with.  Persistence is key with them getting it resolved and shipped. 

Hopefully as we keep raising the flag on the play they'll get a little more well versed in expediting the resolutions.

Message 35 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you are right i believe it too
Message 36 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess thats officially the end for card #2 after it was approved 10 days ago

Thanks again for applying. Unfortunately, your BB&T Bright Credit Card application has been denied. You’ll receive mail in 7-10 business days with additional information regarding your application.

Thank you for considering BB&T for your banking needs.
Message 37 of 60
slither43
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that. At least you're happy with the first. I'll update on what happens with mine...

Message 38 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'd be curious to know what reason(s) were cited for the newly declined outcome. On the surface, it sounds like a secondary review was performed that may have led to the approval being rescinded.

Unfortunately, similar circumstances have been reported in the past with a variety of lenders - - BBVA, NASA, DCU, UMB, 5/3 come to mind.
Message 39 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill post the reason they changed there mine when letter comes thamk you all
Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.