Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have this happen to them bbt

tag
nccarguy1
New Contributor

Re: Anyone have this happen to them bbt

Maybe not.  Got my first card in 8 days.  Applied for the second on May (coincidentally).  Had not received yesterday so called.  Was told they could not see application and to call new accounts.  After 42 minutes (thanks, speakerphone) was told, no I needed to call existing accounts.  Seriously!   Called credit card services again and repeated my story.  Gave my social and was told they could not find it.  Said I had a case number but was told not necessary.  When I explained I had spent way too much time on this I was put on hold while CSR called supervisor.  After verifying everything but shoe size I was told they found it.  She said it wasn’t received in their department until May 2nd, huh?  Also said it was a “verification thing” and I would have the card in my hand in a couple of days.

with the wait times I will tell you they are completely overwhelmed.  Just give it time.  In the Carolinas BB&T has always been known as a conservative business account bank first and a consumer bank second.  I’m very surprised they ever put this preselected link on their website.

Message 41 of 60
8ways2learn
Valued Member

Just want to let everyone know I receive my second card today. I did file a complaint about it and the clientcare Resolution center email me back. There phone number is 1 800 642 3039 they answer the phone all the time and there is no hold time. I hope this helps those people that’s not receiving there 2nd card.
Message 42 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 2nd card .i going to stay at 1 right now tired of fighting them and they made it plain they didnt want to do the 2nd card even after approving it
Message 43 of 60
slither43
Regular Contributor

Figured I'd throw an update here. I hadn't heard anything about the second card in 9 days so I went ahead and called. On hold for about 15 min and spoke to someone, who after a few minutes, was able to locate the second card in the system. She verified that it was approved and said it would likely be shipped tomorrow. She also said she couldn't see the third approval but that wasn't unusual as they have been a bit behind with all the recent approvals. So it looks like everything is a go for me up to this point. Fingers crossed

Message 44 of 60
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@slither43 wrote:

Figured I'd throw an update here. I hadn't heard anything about the second card in 9 days so I went ahead and called. On hold for about 15 min and spoke to someone, who after a few minutes, was able to locate the second card in the sysyem. She verified that it was approved and said it would likely be shipped tomorrow. She also said she couldn't see the third approval but that wasn't unusual as they have been a but behind with all the recent approvals. Soit looks like everything is a go for me up to this point. Fingers crossed

Bottom line sounds like to me like that their card department is covered up better than they ever seen it before Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 60
slither43
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@slither43 wrote:

Figured I'd throw an update here. I hadn't heard anything about the second card in 9 days so I went ahead and called. On hold for about 15 min and spoke to someone, who after a few minutes, was able to locate the second card in the sysyem. She verified that it was approved and said it would likely be shipped tomorrow. She also said she couldn't see the third approval but that wasn't unusual as they have been a but behind with all the recent approvals. Soit looks like everything is a go for me up to this point. Fingers crossed

Bottom line sounds like to me like that their card department is covered up better than they ever seen it before Smiley Very Happy

I would agree! The woman I talked to all but said so. lol At least she was nice and seemed fairly competent!. She didn't say there was a verification issue but I did have to give her everything but my first born! Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats true but mine said they saw the 2nd approval but aint going to honor it but im happy for you guys also happy for myself 8k is not bad
Message 47 of 60
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@8ways2learn wrote:
Just want to let everyone know I receive my second card today. I did file a complaint about it and the clientcare Resolution center email me back. There phone number is 1 800 642 3039 they answer the phone all the time and there is no hold time. I hope this helps those people that’s not receiving there 2nd card.

Good sharing note that might be of some good use for others. Thanks.

Message 48 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

so weird, i have 5 of theirs.  the last 2 i got when they started doing SP approvals.  i did them on the SAME day, i hate that they did this to you, sorry OP.

Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but a bbt bright for 8 k just popped up on my online account so im holding my breath
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.