cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently request cli from Cap1 before completing their steps plan?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Anyone recently request cli from Cap1 before completing their steps plan?

I may have shot myself in the foot.  I have 3 stmts. under my belt and hit the luv button.  Got the "wait-blah, blah, blah" response....so, bang bang goes the pinky toe?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone recently request cli from Cap1 before completing their steps plan?

@GApeachy wrote:

I may have shot myself in the foot.  I have 3 stmts. under my belt and hit the luv button.  Got the "wait-blah, blah, blah" response....so, bang bang goes the pinky toe?

Don't worry about it. They'll most likely just decline on the grounds you haven't had your account with them long enough yet and you can go back to waiting for the steps plan to complete.

Message 2 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Don't worry about it. They'll most likely just decline on the grounds you haven't had your account with them long enough yet and you can go back to waiting for the steps plan to complete.

Good!  They shouldn't dangle a carrot in front of me....I couldn't resist. 

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap1 plat PC’d to QS. Got the Plat Jan 2018 SL $300. Credit steps at 5mo $200CLI for a total of $500. It sits at $500. Requested CLI at 1year, declined for not making high enough payments. So, I PIF. Requested another CLI one month later which was declined for “too many recent inquiries”. GOOD GRIEF. Lol. Look up the “Cap1 bucket cards” thread. Unless you already have.

Good luck!
Message 4 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 Look up the “Cap1 bucket cards” thread. Unless you already have.

Good luck!

I have.  I'm, with my luck, probably gonna be a buckethead. 

Message 5 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Here's my Update: I got the letter of cli denial.  I reads, "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low"

Okay, so I maxed it out and scheduled 1/2 pymt for today and I guess pif right before the due date(?) or pif Friday (I dunno what to do) half the charges are still pending.  Can't pif today.

All I do know is  I have one more month before I finished my credit steps and I looked at my stmts and the most I used was $250. and that was last month.

QUESTION: Do I max it out and pif a few more times? What do they want from me plz anyone (ps...I'm not screamingSmiley Very Happy)

It's an unsecured plat. w/$500 sl.

My fico's are in the mid 700's...when I app'd in Oct they were mid 500's.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re in the mid-700s, it’s time to SD that rebuilder card and get a better one. 

Message 7 of 30
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re in the mid-700s, it’s time to SD that rebuilder card and get a better one. 

+1. Time to look at pre-quals with Amex and Discover. No point in sticking with a card when you're in the 700's. I would have dropped them as soon as you got int he high 600's. 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s very likely that the bucket you’re in means you’ll either get no CLIs or will get $100 at a time. I strongly recommend what was said above - hit up Discover and AmEx. Get in with them and you can throw CapOne in the drawer. Use it for a Coke a couple times a year and pay it off immediately. Let it sit and gather dust otherwise, and put your spend on cards that will reward you and grow with you.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Cap1 plat PC’d to QS. Got the Plat Jan 2018 SL $300. Credit steps at 5mo $200CLI for a total of $500. It sits at $500. Requested CLI at 1year, declined for not making high enough payments. So, I PIF. Requested another CLI one month later which was declined for “too many recent inquiries”. GOOD GRIEF. Lol. Look up the “Cap1 bucket cards” thread. Unless you already have.

Good luck!

Have to say that is my experience w Cap1 too.  I got the same as you and decided to do a balance transfer to a 0% CC and then tried after the balance was 0 and just like you @WarEagle1... Funny thing is, I have gotten other cards after the Cap1 and gotten the CLI's on them. But after 2 years no CLI on Cap1... My recommendation is get another card if you don't qualify for your CLI...

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.