cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently request cli from Cap1 before completing their steps plan?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone recently request cli from Cap1 before completing their steps plan?

@Anonymous wrote:
On a side note,your current 748 score - is that FICO or VS, and what bureau? 748 eq, Fico  Exp and Tu 730's  They dropped , lost 2 of my TL's that aged off.  I went from 20 yrs. to 4 yrs. plus disco reported 57% utl on that %$!@ secured $500.  Eq. might don't, I dunno. I ask because that score in Experian would likely give you your pick of AmEx revolvers, and in TU you should easily qualify for Disco. Barring significant negatives in those reports, I would think you could get those cards with good SLs rather easily - they’re absolutely worth it and would eliminate the need to even sweat CapOne and their miserly behavior. I have 2 30-days in 2012 & 2015 that Amex didn't like. (I got shot down a few months ago)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t argue with that - it definitely doesn’t hurt to ask. My dilemma in that though, as to a PC - CapOne doesn’t offer any other card I’d be interested in except possibly the Savor, but even that isn’t too useful with the monopoly-money limit I have.

As for KIB, I can’t figure out why Chase would never increase him unless it’s his total overall exposure - he has one of the strongest profiles I’ve ever seen documented. But Chase is quirky to the point of being downright weird and snooty, and to be honest the hassles I see on here that various people talk about, to me, aren’t worth it. I know they have some great cards but random account closures and all the other crap that comes up just isn’t worth the headache in my mind, and I have no interest in trying to get their cards. I don’t travel enough to make the Sapphire family worth the fees, and most of the other main benefits I can duplicate or nearly duplicate with less crotchety banks.

As for CapOne, they’re dinosaurs in my mind, with the really stingy CLIs and SLs (again, admitting that bucketed cards are a reality with them), triple HPs for any application, rigid CSRs that spit out the computer’s output verbatim with little to no variance allowed, it’s all very stick-in-the-mud to me. They’ll often tell you to just apply for another card if you want better terms (provided your scores have improved), but by the time you qualify for a better CapOne card, you can usually get cards that are better than CapOne, for 1 HP instead of 3.

That’s why I was saying in the other thread that I think they stop valuing and fostering relationships with cardholders once your scores enable better cards. You have better options, they know it, you’ll likely take them, and they know that too, so why bother with you anymore?
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for your 30-lates - the 2012 falls off this year. Try to EE it off the bureau’s ASAP - 6 months early for TU (a key for Discover as they tend to pull TU), 3 months early for EX (the AmEx pull), and a month for EQ. That would clear one of them. Try a goodwill delete on the other and maybe you can completely scrub your reports. The 57% Disco UTI is no worry since it’s only a snapshot and a paydown before statement cut is all you need to fix it (as I’m sure you know).

I’d get after the 30s though. They’re minor infractions and more likely to be forgiven via GW than more serious delinquencies.
Message 23 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Can’t argue with that - it definitely doesn’t hurt to ask. My dilemma in that though, as to a PC - CapOne doesn’t offer any other card I’d be interested in except possibly the Savor, but even that isn’t too useful with the monopoly-money limit I have. Yeah, I was checking out the other cards but none for me either, I travel by RV sooooooo no rewards in those big boys.  I would like a Business card later.

As for CapOne, they’re dinosaurs in my mind, with the really stingy CLIs and SLs (again, admitting that bucketed cards are a reality with them), triple HPs for any application, rigid CSRs that spit out the computer’s output verbatim with little to no variance allowed, it’s all very stick-in-the-mud to me. They’ll often tell you to just apply for another card if you want better terms (provided your scores have improved), but by the time you qualify for a better CapOne card, you can usually get cards that are better than CapOne, for 1 HP instead of 3. Those 3 hp's stopped me in my tracks.....I wish I had known.  They would have been my last app.

That’s why I was saying in the other thread that I think they stop valuing and fostering relationships with cardholders once your scores enable better cards. You have better options, they know it, you’ll likely take them, and they know that too, so why bother with you anymore?Gotcha

Message 24 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As for your 30-lates - the 2012 falls off this year. Try to EE it off the bureau’s ASAP - 6 months early for TU (a key for Discover as they tend to pull TU), 3 months early for EX (the AmEx pull), and a month for EQ. That would clear one of them. Try a goodwill delete on the other and maybe you can completely scrub your reports. The 57% Disco UTI is no worry since it’s only a snapshot and a paydown before statement cut is all you need to fix it (as I’m sure you know).

I’d get after the 30s though. They’re minor infractions and more likely to be forgiven via GW than more serious delinquencies.

I was wondering if they'd drop off or stay since that tloc won't be done for another couple of years.  That gives me hope.  I had thought about asking my loan officer to make them go away but then I chickened out.  That 2012 was paid but I paid to the amt. and didn't apply to the interest and the bank caught it and corrected it but still I got stuck with that late.  That other later I had broke my leg, in the hospital and forgot about the world while jacked up on drugs....thought I could sing a sad song about that one too.....chickened out.  I gotta go to the bank this morning so I might pop my head in her office and ask if they do GW deletions.  Doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Thanks!

As far as 57% utl......dabgum, I pay one phone bill and it's dang near maxed out.  I got a spreadsheet so I know when to make multiple pymts. but now I'm thinking with (just disco) sockdrawer that sucka, the csr and I were laughing last night at all the pymts. I make to keep utl. down...even so she said, use it, pay it and wait for that 7 stmt cut.  Whoopie

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying. I’d ask about the more recent of the two for sure. Explain the situation and see if they’ll do it. Since you have an in-person relationship with them, that may we’ll help. On the 2012 late, what was the date for that one? It’s due to fall off this year but if it’s not for a few months at least, you can call up the bureau’s on the schedule I mentioned earlier and ask them to EE it and they’ll grant it. I EE’d two medicals in November and one in December with TU. It was quick, easy, and pleasant and I was on the phone less than 15 minutes to do it. They were deleted on the spot and they mailed me a new print of my report showing it gone each time.

You aren’t in NY are you? If so, the NY Purge Law requires expunging baddies after 5 years rather than the standard 7...
Message 26 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ImTheDevil

It happened in May 2012, very first pymt and very first online pymt via transfer I'd ever done. Actually, I'd never done a transfer before either.  My loan officer told me how to do it; she didn't know my lack of online banking too well...little dyslexic here.  I had to learn the hard way from the get-go.  I just got back from the bank, she's on vaca so I'll wait til next week.  Can't think of anything else that looks bad except these 3 new cards knocked down my AAoA and losing a couple of old TL that were huge.  I am due to lose a few other good TL's by the end of this year so I'm hoping these newbies will help sustain.  Maybe we will see some cli's in the near future.  Thanks for all your help.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha - well being that it falls off in May, that’s 3 months away. That means you can call TU and EX today and request that they early exclude based on age of the baddie. Have the account number handy for them from your TU and EX reports. Call in, tell the CSR who answers “I’d like to request an early exclusion on a tradeline based on age and I understand only supervisors have the privileges in the system to do so. Could you please transfer me?” They’ll get a supervisor on the line. Simply repeat the request and provide the account number. They’ll pull it up and delete it and tell you you’re set. In April you can call EQ for the same. It really is that easy Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Gotcha - well being that it falls off in May, that’s 3 months away. That means you can call TU and EX today and request that they early exclude based on age of the baddie. 

I don't think I mentioned this..... @ImTheDevil  those baddies are on a Tloc that won't be paid off until 2021.  On that note, I called Exp. and he said No Go to my request stating it cannot be removed until after I pay it off.  Dangit, really? Really according to him.  Could he be wrong?  I guess I just will have to wait and see come May or June.   Should I call back in order to discuss this with yet another Exp CSR?

Edit:  It would look better on my cr to be gone before my cap1 review in late May. (Right?)

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removal of any baddie always looks better to a creditor when going for any type of positive Account modification. That being said, with CapOne it’s unlikely that even a clean file will help a bucketed card grow much so it may not ultimately matter very much.

As for what the CSR told you, that may be the case with a TLOC. My expunged baddies were medicals and a bill may be treated differently. It wouldn’t hurt to HUCA (hang up call again) and see if someone different gives you a different answer. I’d try 3-4x just to see if someone comes on that will do it, and run with them if they will. If they all say no, then it’s probably a dead end at that time.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.