Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aod fcu allot of Documents

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Aod fcu allot of Documents

So my friend applied for the aod fcu He has good credit and they sent them an email with doc sign to send all these documents is it worth it to send all this personal documents does it mean he has a  approval for the card card ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Re: Aod fcu allot of Documents

I just received that email from AOD today, as well. If it's like most credit unions, it is simply a part of the application process and not an approval. I had to do this for Affinity and a local credit union, as well.

Last update: 2/12/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 2 of 13
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Is it safe to give them all this docs ? 
hes asking are they Generous with the credit lines ? 
is DTI is 4%

Message 3 of 13
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

Yes, it's safe.  Everything is processed through DocuSign.  This is standard for AOD and other credit unions.

With sufficient income and low DTI, he may get a generous SL.

TCL: $397.4k
Message 4 of 13
pauldc73
Valued Member

Don't forget to update us with what SL was received as soon as you know!

Message 5 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

is DTI is 4%

That would depend on what one means by "Generous".   They will not extend more than $25K total in unsecured credit across all products.

Whereas 20 months ago $20-$25K Visa Signature SLs were pretty common around here that ship appears to have sailed and now $5-10K is more common.  They also like low DTI but I remember gripes here about having to go through hoops if you are self employed or have student loans.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 13
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Jccflat wrote:

is DTI is 4%

That would depend on what one means by "Generous".   They will not extend more than $25K total in unsecured credit across all products.

Whereas 20 months ago $20-$25K Visa Signature SLs were pretty common around here that ship appears to have sailed and now $5-10K is more common.  They also like low DTI but I remember gripes here about having to go through hoops if you are self employed or have student 

They asked for POI from me due to self employment.  DTI i think was under 9% when I applied approved for 15k

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 7 of 13
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Jccflat Let your friend know that when they ask for a selfie holding up a sign with "AOD" written on it, it's legit along with the document requests.

Message 8 of 13
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Yea what is the reason they need the selfie ? Is to make sure it's matching the DL ?

also they asked for 2 years tax returns is this  the first page of the tax return ?

Message 9 of 13
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

You have to jump through "allot" (a lot) of hoops for sure.  But it is legit and it is worth it (if you want the card).  They ask you what you want the credit limit to be in the application.  I wanted to 'rock the boat' as little as possible so I chose the lowest at $5,000.  I regret that.  I wish I had asked for at least $10,000.  Oh well.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.