Did you mean: 

App Spree Plan (is 3 mon too soon?)

tag
KELSTAR
Regular Contributor

Re: App Spree Plan (is 3 mon too soon?)

@Anonymous wrote:

@KELSTAR wrote:

@AnonymousDo one app every 60 days for sure and better at every 90 days and you can bonus chase until the cows come home if Chase 5/24 isn't a concern. 

Thanks for the tips Kelstar!  

What do you mean by "bonus chase"??   

I think I'm headed for LOL/24 soon... Ha ha.  I wanted to get a couple Chase cards so I applied for them first, but I was denied on Southwest/Chase App. I'm not waiting 18 months just for Chase!  I don't see how some people have 3 Chase cards. 

"Bonus chase" is getting a new card with good return on spend for the bonus. EXAMPLE. CSR 50K UR for 4k spend in 3 months. Worth $625 and then move on to the next sign up bonus card.

Signature as of 10/01/21. Clean file. MYFICO 3B. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin for those tracking what credit bureau is pulled by location.
FICO 8 EQ=796 TU=799 EX=801
FICO 9 EQ=816 TU=816 EX=813
MORTGAGE SCORES EQ=773 TU=782 EX=787
AAoA=4Y3M AoOA=11Y4M AoYA=5M
VANTAGE SCORES EQ=825 TU=813 EX=813
BUSINESS CREDIT SCORES. Formed LLC 6/1/18. YEARLY SALES=3M
EXPERIAN BUSINESS CREDIT SCORE=77 EXPERIAN FINANCIAL STABILITY RISK RATING=1 SMALL BUSINESS SCORE SERVICE SCORE=210 D+B=80
HARD PULLS last 12 months EQ=1 TU=1 EX=1 Three new accounts reporting.
HARD PULLS last 24 months EQ=1 TU=2 EX=2 Four new accounts reporting.
INCOME=$290k as of 10/01/21 for income stated on applications. DTI=2.5% Business sales 300k monthly.
MAIN BUSINESS and PERSONAL BANKING=CHASE
MORTGAGE=800K 03/21 2.25%
INSTALLMENT LOAN. Vehicle loan opened 08/18. Zero down. 45K at 0% for 60 months LINCOLN FINANCE.

OPEN PERSONAL ACCOUNTS/OPEN DATE
DISCOVER=34k 10/17 CITI COSTCO VISA=16k 06/18 US BANK CASH+=7k 06/18 PENFED PLATINUM REWARDS=10k 07/18 CHASE FREEDOM=10k 07/19 CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE=14.1k 09/20 AMEX PLATINUM= NPSL 04/21 AMEX HILTON SURPASS=10k 05/21

OPEN BUSINESS ACCOUNTS/OPEN DATE
CHASE INK CASH=10k 07/18 AMEX MARRIOT BONVOY=10k 02/19 CHASE INK UNLIMITED=10k 09/19 US BANK BUSINESS CASH=29k 10/19 WELLS FARGO BUSINESS PLATINUM=20k 11/19 AMEX LOWES BUSINESS=15k 11/19 AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS=35k 02/20 CHASE INK PREFERRED=50k 07/20 AMEX BUSINESS GOLD=NPSL 09/20 AMEX BUSINESS PLATINUM=NPSL 05/21 CHASE BUSINESS LINE OF CREDIT= 225k 09/21
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after all the warnings here I scaled back my plans.  I just applied for two cards.   Capital One Venture...denied Smiley Sad

and PenFed Power Cash...approved! Smiley Happy . $10k SL.   I've heard of people asking for a Pen Fed Personal loan with the same pull, but not sure if I should push my luck.    Any thoughts?

I thought CapOne Venture was an easy one, so I was surprised I was denied.  I almost chickened out of applying for the PenFed after that, but glad I did. I've wanted to get in with PenFed for awhile. 

I think I'm done (gardening) for at least three months.    Thanks for all the input everyone. 

Message 22 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

To be honest I don't see much benefit in app sprees, other than the accounts all aging together. Banks have wised up and tightened up a lot in recent times, and are only going to look at you unfavorably with so many new accounts/inquiries.

I would slow down and spread things out more, especially in the credit enviornment we're in now.

Message 23 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im of the opinion in the current credit space a couple of things...

1. Space out apps... lately iv tried to go to apping for one or two cards at most at one time, and at least 6 months between apps....

2. If you dont want to hit FRs or AAs or scrutiny, slow and steady gets the limits.... 

3. If you are doing an app spree.. a denial means STOP... Dont keep going and app for other cards... 

4. Note cards that have usual SP cycles and work on them and actually mark the estimated eligibility date for a CLI.. 

5. Keep aware of your utilization and HPs... Using an HP is often needed but don't waste them frivolously.. 

Also im pretty sure your behavior (if it continues) might get you AA due to Bust out Fraud Algo ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bust-Out-Score/td-p/5116259

Its hit some folks in these forums.. think @southjamaica got a denial due to it...

You dont want AA undoing your growth... yes slow and steady wins the race here...

Also i think folks should know whats going on with your 2 player mode to give better advice... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Paying-off-125k-Will-BofA-Reinstate-Closed-C...

Good Luck

-J

It isn't like it used to be.. where you could get a pocket full of store cards and ride them out for a few years... Both Sync and Comenty have wised up on this practice ... 

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Im of the opinion in the current credit space a couple of things...

1. Space out apps... lately iv tried to go to apping for one or two cards at most at one time, and at least 6 months between apps....

2. If you dont want to hit FRs or AAs or scrutiny, slow and steady gets the limits.... 

3. If you are doing an app spree.. a denial means STOP... Dont keep going and app for other cards... 

4. Note cards that have usual SP cycles and work on them and actually mark the estimated eligibility date for a CLI.. 

5. Keep aware of your utilization and HPs... Using an HP is often needed but don't waste them frivolously.. 

Also im pretty sure your behavior (if it continues) might get you AA due to Bust out Fraud Algo ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bust-Out-Score/td-p/5116259

@Anonymous hit some folks in these forums.. think @SouthJamaica got a denial due to it...

You dont want AA undoing your growth... yes slow and steady wins the race here...

Also i think folks should know whats going on with your 2 player mode to give better advice... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Paying-off-125k-Will-BofA-Reinstate-Closed-Cards/td-p/5381755

Good Luck

-J

It isn't like it used to be.. where you could get a pocket full of store cards and ride them out for a few years... Both Sync and Comenty have wised up on this practice ... 

Thanks for the feedback Joltdude and Kdm31091.

I didn't know about the Bust Out score, and I can see a whole lot of ways my credit file could put up red flags.  I have lots of Apps, & no mortgage or car (hubby has two cars and real estate prices in the Bay Area are through the roof...and overdue for a correction).  I also was an Authorized User on DearHubby's cards and vice versa.  We don't need to do AU anymore, so I'm going to remove those to be safe...plus it's confusing at times.  I also just did a couple of balance transfers to take advantage of 0% that put me over 50% on a couple BofA cards....so yikes...I'm really nervous now.  I might need to pay them down to 45%...but that might even look weird.  Why would someone do a big balance transfer at 0% interest, pay a 3% fee, then pay it off a week later?   On the good side I have some old accounts, a credit union account, & no weird check payments.    I will definitely be mindful of how my future actions could be percieved and as I already mentioned, I'm staying in the garden for at least 3 months. Shoot sounds like 9 months would be better!   I'm even wondering if I should do some pruning.  I rarely use my store cards, so I'm not sure if they are helping or hurting my profile at this point.  Also, I checked a box online that opened a stupid $1500 Gap Visa without thinking (it converted my Gap store card to a Gap Visa card without a credit pull but it counts as a new account now I think)....slaps forehead...

As far as "2player mode".  As mentioned above, my hubby and I are definitely working together and the recent AA he got hit with has Bust Out Score written all over it.  It totally makes sense now.  BofA closed all three of his cards when his utilization went up and he did a cash advance. He's paying everything off now (Utilization will be back down <10%), so hopefully he can get back on track without getting balance chased.  

Nothing fancy for me for awhile and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  It's funny, you can only really use half of your credit or risk losing most of it!

Also fyi, I Apped for PenFed first and got a identification verification message so I then Apped on Cap One and got denied.  I got verified on PenFed and figured I already got a HP for the membership, might as well try for the card.   If I would have been denied on CapOne first, I probably wouldn't have tried PenFed. 

TL;DR ??   Smiley Happy     Hopefully this long story helps someone else here.  Hope I don't get AA'd!!  :/

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg so much good info here. I hope I don’t get AA. I started out app spreeing against my better judgment off the advice of a now ex. I really hope nothing bad happens by the time I apply for my one desirable card in six months. Heck I may wait 12 months I’m so scared now lol.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.