cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for CFF & Citi Costco Same Day - Good idea?

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

App for CFF & Citi Costco Same Day - Good idea?

Hello myFICO!

I have been in the garden for over a year now and have seen considerable growth since then. I am planning my next app in early March once my recent BofA CLI reports. I have been eyeing a Chase Freedom since I started my credit building journey. However, I recently got a Costco membership and would also like to app for their Visa by Citi. I currently don't have a Visa CC and have to use debit at Costco, which isn't ideal.

This leads me to wonder: Would my profile support an approval from both Chase and Citi from apps on the same day? I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Current profile DPs are in my siggy.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App for CFF & Citi Costco Same Day - Good idea?

Based on the information from your signature (assuming it's current), then I would say you have a good shot for both.  Have you tried using the Chase online pre-qualification to see if any offers pop up?  Unfortunately, Citi disabled theirs a while back. 

Message 2 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Based on the information from your signature (assuming it's current), then I would say you have a good shot for both.  Have you tried using the Chase online pre-qualification to see if any offers pop up?  Unfortunately, Citi disabled theirs a while back. 

I currently don't have any Chase offers with their pre-qualification site.

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditAggie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I currently don't have any Chase offers with their pre-qualification site.

Which is ok.  It doesn't mean you won't be approved.  A variety of my Chase CCs didn't originate from pre-approvals (some of them weren't available for such offers).  But, you're in a good position to qualify since you're under 5/24.

Message 4 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I of course agree with the ever wise and powerful Finstar that I think you're likely a good candidate for either one of those cards. In regards to which to apply for first, that's kind of hard to say. You hang out in the approval and credit card forums a lot so you see what people are saying lately. It's always different for everyone, but I really think that Citi is the one that sounds the most skittish of inqs right now. I've even experienced it first hand a few months ago when they would NOT budge on a CLI for me until my inqs were over 6 months old, citing them as their denial reason. I'm sure others will chime in with more specific reasons on which to apply for first, but it I were doing it personally I'd probably go for the Citi first, then Chase. Good luck with whatever you decide, we all are pulling for you! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UPDATE: Approved for both! 

Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

UPDATE: Approved for both! 

Nicely done!! Congratulations on your approvals!! 🎉🥂

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

See, told ya 😉.  Thanks for the update and congrats on both approvals @CreditAggie👍

This thread is now locked to new messages as you have been approved.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.