Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for Lowes in store vs online?

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Apping for Lowes in store vs online?

Hopefully this question can be answered.

I was wondering if you apply for Lowes in store will they pull a differnt credit report as they would online? If so, which CR does Lowes pull?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping for Lowes in store vs online?

@credit_endurance wrote:

Hopefully this question can be answered.

I was wondering if you apply for Lowes in store will they pull a differnt credit report as they would online? If so, which CR does Lowes pull?

They would pull the same one.  Typically that is TU

Message 2 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Lowes (Synchrony Bank ) typically pulls TU however they have also pulled EX in the past

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

So Trans union huh. Thanks for the responses. It would be TR which is my weakest. Wondering what would be my chances of approval with them?

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your TU score in your siggy.  I would think you would be approved.  But ya never know,  I was approved with scores around 600 but for only 300 back in Jan of 2015.

But scores have grown to 679 and I'm now at 17000.

Good luck if you go for it.  

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do an internet search for credit pulls database and put in the Lowe's card and your state.  See what bureau was pulled.  95% of the time with online apps it's TU, but I've heard with in-store apps it's more like 50% TU and 50% something else.  If TU is your lowest (by a good margin) it may make more sense apping in store as your chances of them pulling something other than TU are greater than if you app online.

Message 6 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do an internet search for credit pulls database and put in the Lowe's card and your state.  See what bureau was pulled.  95% of the time with online apps it's TU, but I've heard with in-store apps it's more like 50% TU and 50% something else.  If TU is your lowest (by a good margin) it may make more sense apping in store as your chances of them pulling something other than TU are greater than if you app online.

I will check out this credit pull database. I 've never understood to logic of pulling certain bureaus for different products. Thanks again.

Message 7 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I think you would be approved also. Maybe not at the best of limits, but you would get it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

So Trans union huh. Thanks for the responses. It would be TR which is my weakest. Wondering what would be my chances of approval with them?

When I applied, they pulled EX for me. 

Message 9 of 19
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

The pulled EX for me online then I called immediately and got CLI. 

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.