Sorry 

Thank you! 

Message 11 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI Denial

@Aim_High wrote:

Sorry to hear of your Apple Card CLI Denial, @Jordan23wwSmiley Sad 

They can be a tough nut to crack but keep trying!

And thanks for giving back the data points to the community even though it was unsuccesful! 

kudos_01.jpg

Thank you so much!  I will keep trying and will update everyone once I do get a CLI! Also you're welcome, happy to share these data points! 

Message 12 of 17
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your CLI denial. GS in my opinion is a tough nut to crack. I just got a denial today and the reasons are your not using enough of your credit limit and not paying enough on your payments, that was odd as I'm paying the statement balance every month. And my score was a 771 from January 20th Fico 9 to be exact. Ehh you win some you lose some. I told the csr I'm not going to max my account out to purchase a new iPhone 12 max and a MacBook Pro I'll just have to put it on another card thank you very much lol. Hey just keep trying eventually you'll get something I imagine we always do right? Have a great day and be safe.

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 13 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your CLI denial. GS in my opinion is a tough nut to crack. I just got a denial today and the reasons are your not using enough of your credit limit and not paying enough on your payments, that was odd as I'm paying the statement balance every month. And my score was a 771 from January 20th Fico 9 to be exact. Ehh you win some you lose some. I told the csr I'm not going to max my account out to purchase a new iPhone 12 max and a MacBook Pro I'll just have to put it on another card thank you very much lol. Hey just keep trying eventually you'll get something I imagine we always do right? Have a great day and be safe.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and all the kind words. I definitely will keep trying. They hit you with 2 of the 3 reasons they gave me.  

I agree with you, I don't want to max out my card to buy an iPhone or to buy another MacBook, which I actually need to do. I worked hard to get my scores where they are and I hated losing the points for high utilization when I first got the card and financed a MacBook. 

Like you I also pay my balances off each month and have other cards I could put these items on without it hurting my utilization if I wanted to spread out my payments over time. Just off the top of my head I have 6 other cards with 0% APR promos I could do this with. In fact last spring I did do that buying 2 Apple Watches and an iPad and paid them off within a month. That was money I would've gladly given Apple and Goldman Sachs if at the time I had an Apple Card but back then I couldn't get approved.  Anyway I've done enough ranting😂, thank you again! I hope you stay safe too! 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post, just wanted to share that it's pretty clear GS / Apple are wanting users to only request CLIs if they're hitting their limit. I am not a revolver, nor do I get close to even 50% of my CL every montn on AppleCard.

9/2019 - $3,000 limit on application

12/2020 - Request sent with increase granted of $5500

5/2021 - Request sent with increase denial

I also noticed on my credit report, GS never put in a hard pull in December. Fico @ 9 / 724. Reason for denial, "You have not used and paid enough of your Apple Card credit limit since your last credit limit increase"

It's a bot on the chat so no way to really tell them I'm going to do a big purchase or anything like that that I could tell. 

Message 15 of 17
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

Is the CLI a hard or soft pull?

Message 16 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Johnmccoy2710 wrote:

Is the CLI a hard or soft pull?

It's a soft pull. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.