Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI - Denied

tag
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card CLI - Denied

Requested an increase this past hour. Denied.

Current CL: $6,500  APR: 17.49%

Last request was 12/5/2019.

Per the denial reasons, it seems they're concerned about the ~$700 I still owe on my iPhone 11 that I'm financing with 0% interest.

Also, like last time, I still don't put enough spend on the card.

I"m cool. Just thought maybe their UW changed recently.

AppleCard_CLI Denial.PNG

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card CLI - Denied

Sorry to hear. Try again once your phone is paid off. 

Message 2 of 8
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

828 and a no go, sorry to read that. At least you have one. When I applied they couldn't verify my identity. Better luck on the next request.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

~$700 is still over 10% of that card's total utilization. If I were you, I'd reach out and see how much needs to be paid off before they would even consider it. Also it's odd they pulled a credit score despite denying you for something they would have already known themselves without the score.

Message 4 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

~$700 is still over 10% of that card's total utilization. If I were you, I'd reach out and see how much needs to be paid off before they would even consider it. Also it's odd they pulled a credit score despite denying you for something they would have already known themselves without the score.

That's not odd, they have to list a reason for denial.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your denial Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer. I was hoping to hear you got a CLI. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 8
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

My current limit is 30k....which I am happy with...but asked for a CLI anyways.  It was denied because my credit score had decreased from when I was approved back in August of 2019.  It went from 797 to 793.  Go figure....

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.