cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card CLI: How Long to Wait Before Requesting one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card CLI: How Long to Wait Before Requesting one?

How long did you guys wait before requesting a CLI on the Apple Card? And for those that received automatic increases--how long did it take to trigger?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bicboiOD
Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI: How Long to Wait Before Requesting one?

DPs that I've read from reddit community for Apple Card state that it's reccommended that you wait at least 90 days (since the date you last received a CLI) 

If it is your first CLI (first CLI since being approved), I don't believe there is any definite rule on how often and how early you can request for one, but most of the time you will get auto-denial due to the reason of "account too new, may be eligible in a few months"

I'm going to gather some DPs regarding whether or not a the first CLI has to be after 90 days or if it's possible to get it earlier if it makes sense to be eligible for it (i.e. credit score increase since date of approval, spending, utilization, etc.)

• I got the card 03/12/21 and i've been requesting for a CLI every week LOL
  • The card hasn't even been reported on any of the CRAs yet, but everytime I ask for one, I don't even see Apple/GS show up as "soft inquiries" on my TU report and that's probably why I'm getting the "account too new" because they haven't pulled any up to date TU data

Also regarding the auto-CLI, it seems that it's for people who had have the card for a while and they usually do it during the holidays or when they're about to release new Apple products. Although, I did read on reddit that one person received an auto-CLI, despite only having the card for 10 days, so it may just vary on credit profile. 

Current Stats:

03/2021 EXTUEQ

FICO8

(01/2020)

INQ (24mo)875
INQ (12mo)775
AAoA4y 2mo4y 2mo4y 2mo
AoYA2 mo2 mo2 mo

Personal Revolvers:

Credit Limit$300$2000$1000$1000$1250
Age4y 4mo2 mo1 mo1 moN/A
Utilization0%11%N/AN/AN/A
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bicboiOD wrote:

DPs that I've read from reddit community for Apple Card state that it's reccommended that you wait at least 90 days (since the date you last received a CLI) 

If it is your first CLI (first CLI since being approved), I don't believe there is any definite rule on how often and how early you can request for one, but most of the time you will get auto-denial due to the reason of "account too new, may be eligible in a few months"

I'm going to gather some DPs regarding whether or not a the first CLI has to be after 90 days or if it's possible to get it earlier if it makes sense to be eligible for it (i.e. credit score increase since date of approval, spending, utilization, etc.)

• The card hasn't even been reported on any of the CRAs yet, but everytime I ask for one, I don't even see Apple/GS show up as "soft inquiries" on my TU report and that's probably why I'm getting the "account too new" because they haven't pulled any up to date TU data

Also regarding the auto-CLI, it seems that it's for people who had have the card for a while and they usually do it during the holidays or when they're about to release new Apple products. Although, I did read on reddit that one person received an auto-CLI, despite only having the card for 10 days, so it may just vary on credit profile. 

I got the card on 03/03/2021 it still hasn't reported, the 1st statement just cut hopefully it will report soon . I currently have an installment balance from ordering the 12 pro max , my plan is to pay it off or at least more than half before requesting a cli 🤞

Message 3 of 7
bicboiOD
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bicboiOD wrote:

I got the card on 03/03/2021 it still hasn't reported, the 1st statement just cut hopefully it will report soon . I currently have an installment balance from ordering the 12 pro max , my plan is to pay it off or at least more than half before requesting a cli 🤞

Per the GS rep I spoke with via imessage they stated that they "aim to report by the 3rd week of every month", so keep a look out for that otherwise there's another DP that indicates they have an inconsistent basis for reporting dates!

Current Stats:

03/2021 EXTUEQ

FICO8

(01/2020)

INQ (24mo)875
INQ (12mo)775
AAoA4y 2mo4y 2mo4y 2mo
AoYA2 mo2 mo2 mo

Personal Revolvers:

Credit Limit$300$2000$1000$1000$1250
Age4y 4mo2 mo1 mo1 moN/A
Utilization0%11%N/AN/AN/A
Message 4 of 7
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I was approved in October 2020 $4500 @21.99 apr not that it matters as I PIF this card. Ran through about $500 to $1k a month... 91 days I requested a CLI via text/chat. Confirmed it was going to be a SP. Came back declined card to new or not enough use. I can't remember exactly what it was but it did make me scratch my head a bit.
Fast forward another 90 days, didn't use as much. I threw maybe $250 -$500 a month. I requested another CLI via text/chat, confirmed a SP and was approve for 🥁..... 

$750!!! 

Watch out people! Swiping and tapping away like a baller!  Goldman Sachs coming through on a big credit limit increase ! 😂.

Okay, joking aside, still appreciate the bump in SL. Something is better than nothing! Obviously, ones mileage may vary! 

Scores lower 700's across all CB

Utilization is 3% reporting 

any other details you would like, just let me know! Good luck on the CLI!

Message 5 of 7
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

ever requested a CLI on your CapOne? wondering why your CL is $300 on that card...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long did you guys wait before requesting a CLI on the Apple Card? And for those that received automatic increases--how long did it take to trigger?

Funny you asked this question.   I got my Apple card back around Feb 2021.  Started me out with 3500.   Day before yesterday I pulled the trigger, emailed Apple for an increase.  They didn't ask me how much or anything.  Got the scary "3-5 day" reply so I figured it was a denial.   About 30 mins later I get an email from Apple saying they approved my request now I'm at $10K!    I did put some spend on it mainly small things usually under $30 bucks.  I did spend $900 as I had a repair to my car that was needed so instead of paying cash I charge the Apple just to show spend then paid it off several days later.   I hear they do like spend before requesting CLI.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.