Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card by Goldman Sachs - CLI now INSTANT

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs - CLI now INSTANT

A lot of in the air variables with this current health issue. Only time will tell if the new iPhone is launched this year or postponed.
Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an instant 2X today. The whole saga is in my approval thread. Either they liked my score increase or underreporting my income by 25% really did hurt my SL because I have used the card for like $12 this year. $2500 --> $5K and yes, I got the email before the rep could tell me I would know in 3 days 😂 

@Saeren Jealous, I wish I could get a CLI on my apple card. It's stuck at 3k baby SL Smiley Sad 

Give it some time. I have a feeling GS is going to be one of those lenders that opens up with time. 

Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats to those getting the CLI's.. Whether there will be a new iphone this year or not is to be seen as the supply chain was/is still certainly hurt and will be for awhile to come.  Also no one would buy it imo if it wasn't 5g...

Last thing I heard, Apple has denied any sort of delays. Their stock would take a beating if they can't get new devices out this year because it's primed to be a super cycle year. Many of us will have held on to our phones for two years this time and will be suffering the effects of old batteries. My XS Max is down to 86% capacity right now and it's noticeable with my having to charge it twice a day or more. 

Message 33 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats to those getting the CLI's.. Whether there will be a new iphone this year or not is to be seen as the supply chain was/is still certainly hurt and will be for awhile to come.  Also no one would buy it imo if it wasn't 5g...

Last thing I heard, Apple has denied any sort of delays. Their stock would take a beating if they can't get new devices out this year because it's primed to be a super cycle year. Many of us will have held on to our phones for two years this time and will be suffering the effects of old batteries. My XS Max is down to 86% capacity right now and it's noticeable with my having to charge it twice a day or more. 

Yes there stock would take a hit, but pales in comparison to how much we have lost in the stock market 12-15 trillion dollars so really doesn't persay matter as apple has alot of cash on hand still.  You can't do much if the american economy can't either handle or afford it and might cost them more to even release it this year if demand is way down due to either loss or job, etc.. so might be wise if honestly they hold off, but a bit off topic from this thread, etc.. Guess time will tell, but i just don't see it happening this year for various reasons, but i certainly could be wrong.

Message 34 of 47
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Still using my SE as my main carry so l gots my heart set on the 9/SE 2.  IMHO, 4.7" screens are the best compromise and form factor.  I loved that size on my beloved  custom Moto X. 

Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Still using my SE as my main carry so l gots my heart set on the 9/SE 2.  IMHO, 4.7" screens are the best compromise and form factor.  I loved that size on my beloved  custom Moto X. 

I can't ever go back to a small phone. I'm excited for the 12 Pro Max to be 6.7 instead of the 6.5 of my XS Max. Hopefully that's big enough for me to type on. I'm using my iPad Mini 5 right now and holding it in portrait like I would hold my XS Max and my fingers actually travel perfectly across the keyboard. My thumbs have to stretch just a bit but it's actually quite a comfortable experience so yeah, as long as I can still get the phone in my pocket, I'm all for it. I also know immediately if my phone falls out of my pocket, a problem I used to have to deal with quite a bit. 

Message 36 of 47
mchang124
Regular Contributor

I'll share my DP about my CLI. Requested a CLI via text from the wallet app on my iphone. I had gotten this card when it first came out in august of last year. My SL was $500 (I was a very thin file). The last CLI i had received was $250 back in december of 2019. And now the mosts recent CLI from $750 to $1000. The card gets some use. mainly my iCloud subscription and a few transactions here and there. And consistent with all other DP, no HP for the CLI request. 

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mchang124 wrote:

I'll share my DP about my CLI. Requested a CLI via text from the wallet app on my iphone. I had gotten this card when it first came out in august of last year. My SL was $500 (I was a very thin file). The last CLI i had received was $250 back in december of 2019. And now the mosts recent CLI from $750 to $1000. The card gets some use. mainly my iCloud subscription and a few transactions here and there. And consistent with all other DP, no HP for the CLI request. 

After completing the request for the CLI, not even 5 mins later I received this email:

Congratulations!

Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mchang124  I deleted the photo of your approval because it obtained personal info. Feel free to repost editing out the personal info. Congrats btw! 

Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

I found that out the hard way the other day. Fastest denial in the west... 

-J

Definitely the fastest denial in the west. The representative told me I should get an email on their decision. My phone alerted me on a new email and it said:  The proportion of your credit limit you have used and paid is not sufficient. Boo! I can understand because I barely use it. I honestly forget I have it. I only remember I have it when I pay all my credit cards and I go down the list. I only wanted to up my 7.5k to at least 11k.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.