Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card credit limit increase DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

Awesome... CONGRATS!

Now, I really want to break my "no new cards till 0/24 in June!

@woodyman100 wrote:

I sent a message via the app 2 weeks ago and received an answer last night.

They bumped my limit from 2500 to 15000.

They couldn't pull my credit on the initial app and I haven't seen one for this yet

Message 241 of 363
sstromberg
Established Member

Got denied a limit increase supposedly for:

You haven't paid all or a significant portion of your Apple Card monthly balances
The proportion of your credit limit you have used and paid is not sufficient

I have a $0 balance after charging and paying more than 50% of my small SL of $1k.
Message 242 of 363
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@sstromberg wrote:
Got denied a limit increase supposedly for:
You haven't paid all or a significant portion of your Apple Card monthly balances
I have a $0 balance after charging and paying more than 50% of my small SL of $1k.

Sorry about your decline!

Interesting data points.

That sounds like your use and payment history would have been sufficient to get you at least a little bump.  But how many months did you use it?  I'd suggest to keep doing what you're doing (or even a little more) and try again in three months.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 243 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my card for 5 months averaging 100 transactions a month on a 4500 CL, paying it of every time I would get to the limit, made a CLI 6 days ago and they up my CL to 10000
Message 244 of 363
cem13
Established Contributor

Apple CLI Denied

I applied for Apple GS card on 26DEC19.  SL $5,500 and APR 21.49% so I decided to ask for CLI (30DEC19) based on all the other MF's on this board.  $5,500 is my lowest CL on 15 cards currently open.  On 06JAN20 exactly one week from CLI request:  DENIED.

• You haven't paid all or a significant portion of your Apple Card monthly balances
  • The proportion of your credit limit you have used and paid is not sufficient

TU FICO 09 score 683 on 26DEC19.  I have used this card everyday for gas, lunches and coffee etc.  I put about $400 on the card since new and did not make a payment yet; due 31JAN.   So obviously, GS wants significant spend in order to justify a CL and/or multiple payments.

The SL and APR is not ideal but otherwise the technology is unique.  I will use Apple Pay where appropriate but I am switching my daily spender to Citi DC soon.  So I am sure GS will not like this but I will still use it monthly to keep them happy.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 245 of 363
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apple CLI Denied

Sorry for your CLI denial  ..

I am reminded of the lyrics

Can't buy me love, oh
Love, oh
Can't buy me love, oh

I'll buy you a diamond ring, my friend
If it makes you feel all right
I'll get you anything my friend
If it makes you feel all right
'Cause I don't care too much for money

For money can't buy me love

Message 246 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

I applied for Apple GS card on 26DEC19.  SL $5,500 and APR 21.49% so I decided to ask for CLI (30DEC19) based on all the other MF's on this board.  $5,500 is my lowest CL on 15 cards currently open.  On 06JAN20 exactly one week from CLI request:  DENIED.

• You haven't paid all or a significant portion of your Apple Card monthly balances

TU FICO 09 score 683 on 26DEC19.  I have used this card everyday for gas, lunches and coffee etc.  I put about $400 on the card since new and did not make a payment yet; due 31JAN.   So obviously, GS wants significant spend in order to justify a CL and/or multiple payments.

The SL and APR is not ideal but otherwise the technology is unique.  I will use Apple Pay where appropriate but I am switching my daily spender to Citi DC soon.  So I am sure GS will not like this but I will still use it monthly to keep them happy.

I would have been shocked if you got a CLI that soon. You haven't even had it a month yet or shown them you're actually going to pay the bill. 

Message 247 of 363
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Add me to the denied pile. Got the card 9/7.

In fairness, one month I did not PIF (paid roughly 80%). I use 1/3-1/2 of my $2500 limit each month on regular charges (apple services and a few service providers who bill via square invoice). I also use it at general retailers who accept Apple Pay (and won’t code as something “better”).

While $2500 is not my lowest limit (it’s close though), it is about 1/4 of the limits on other cards I got around that time. GS (and every lender) is their own animal and not obligated to match other limits, I’m just giving that info as comparison.

Oh well. Now if they would just get around to updating at TU since the one month they reported was my highest reported balance.

I’ll try again later maybe.
Message 248 of 363
RSX
Valued Contributor

I got mine on Aug 8.  $15k with 17.99%

i just contacted them through text. Asked for a CLI. They quoted 5-7 business days for the decision, so they must have caught up since last Oct.  

I will post if anything happens.  

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 249 of 363
RSX
Valued Contributor

Denied. Can't fault them really. I have only run small purchases through, likely only $500

Goldman Sachs Bank USA reviewed your request for a credit limit increase, and it was not approved at this time because:

Fico 9 was pulled at 767

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 250 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.