Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card credit limit increase DPs

tag
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

Just called them and asked for a CLI because I'm planning to buy a macbook with the card and my limit doesn't help.

They said they'll initiate a review of my limit, which might take up to 30 days before getting a decision.

They asked me if I requested an increase before (I haven't)

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 21 of 363
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

Sweet. I’ll let you when I get a response back as yours should be right after mine I would think.
Message 22 of 363
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Curious to see how this turns out for you guys.

I realize this card is new and all, but 30 days for a CLI request seems long, but then again it's a new card.

Good luck to you allSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 23 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Curious to see how this turns out for you guys.

I realize this card is new and all, but 30 days for a CLI request seems long, but then again it's a new card.

Good luck to you allSmiley Happy

I doubt GS even has a system in place for CLIs yet. No, I fear that these are going to manual UW and they are likely incredibly overworked given the national spotlight that has likely prompted lots of customers to inquire. 

Message 24 of 363
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yes been waiting for someone to post this.
Thanks.
This is my first post that I am Subscribing.
Message 25 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put in my request. I actually am planning on buying an 11 Pro Max so I told them that I would like a limit that would allow me to make my purchase with their financing and keep my card under 30%. They responded that they can submit me for review and asked how much I would like. I said $5K since $1500 would make 30% and they submitted it for review. Same message as above - up to 30 days, email when done, using existing information from the credit bureau with no need to pull credit. 

It's a 2X CLI and I didn't want to be greedy with my request. I also figured that $5K would be more likely to be approved with my income and their more conservative standards. 

Message 26 of 363
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

FYI, just got the 11 Pro Max and I’m loving it.

On a more relevant note, don’t the carriers offer 0% financing? I know AT&T does. Just no discount.

Message 27 of 363
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

I use T-Mobile but what I’m really interested in is buying direct from Apple under their military and veteran pricing which I think was about 10% off last time I looked.
Message 28 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:
FYI, just got the 11 Pro Max and I’m loving it.

On a more relevant note, don’t the carriers offer 0% financing? I know AT&T does. Just no discount.

I have Xfinity Mobile and they do offer 0% financing but their insurance cost is about to go to $15/mo and I was using their insurance since it came with AppleCare+ so now I am looking at either paying off the XS Max ($596 remaining) and trading it in for $600 towards the 11 Pro Max from Apple and getting AppleCare+ for $199 from them or upgrading through Xfinity Mobile (which would be a lot of work since you have to return phones to the Xfinity Mobile Store and my agoraphobia won't play nice) and then just getting AppleCare+ from Apple within 60 days. Either way, I'm getting rid of the insurance in January which will cost me my AppleCare+ and I would not like to be without that. 

Obviously though, getting the phone through Apple on my Apple Card would be 3% back in my pocket right away and that $30 would get me a Spigen ToughArmor case and a couple bucks left to spend on App Store to feed my game addiction 😂. 

If they don't give me the increase, I will have to think about what I want to do. I don't really *need* an 11 Pro Max but my battery on my XS Max is worn down to 88% capacity because of how heavily I use it so I am questioning if I can make it to September before crossing that 80% threshold that both will make my phone unstable and will dramatically reduce the resale value of it. Without AppleCare+, replacing the battery would no longer be free. 

We will see what happens. I can still get 3% back if I put my cell bill back on my BBVA card. The CLI results will basically determine if I'm getting my phone from XM or Apple. 

Message 29 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news or updates from anyone on this?

Message 30 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.