tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card 2nd credit limit increase DPs

@Anonymous wrote:

SL was $4k in Dec 19
Requested CLI today
Denied 
Score was 694 and i currently have 55% utilization on the card. about 35% total utilization 

Sorry for your denial @Anonymous .  You have good utilization on the Apple card to get an increase but maybe they are tightening down some with the pandemic like other lenders.  Or maybe your credit score combined with 35% total utilization made them uneasy.  I'd pay down some debt, keep using the card regularly, and try again in a few months. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 341 of 363
Yacatisma
Valued Member

Hello everyone, I just got a CLI, and here are some DPs for you.

Got the card in September 2019 with $1000 CLI (FICO 8, 665pt)

First CLI request in February 2020, increased to $1500 (FICO 8, 708pt)

Second CLI request July 2020, increased to $3000 (FICO 8, 738pt)

This is not my main card, never used it monthly. I only use in relatively expensive purchases and always paid before statement cuts.

My total credit history is 15 months old. In 10 month I have spent around $1250 and my total uti. doesn't go beyond %3.

The reason they doubled up my CLI is probably I am steadily growing my credit score since I got the card.

Credit History 3.5 Year

Message 342 of 363
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I just hit up GS today for a CLI.... Did not get an instant rejection... but no CLI yet either.....

Trying not to get my hopes up... i really plan on calling it a day once i hit 8k...

Followup: As of August 2, no CLI no denial email/letter with score

-J

Message 343 of 363
althes
Frequent Contributor

Just got a 500 CLI on mine.

Now at 3500.

So I have gone from  2500 to 3000 to 3500.

Balance is zero always pay asap.

I don't mind asking every 6 months.

I rarely use, but when I do its for big purchases.

Hoarding that apple cash for a laptop or ipad pro eventually.

Message 344 of 363
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@althes wrote:

Just got a 500 CLI on mine.

Now at 3500.

So I have gone from  2500 to 3000 to 3500.

Balance is zero always pay asap.

I don't mind asking every 6 months.

I rarely use, but when I do its for big purchases.

Hoarding that apple cash for a laptop or ipad pro eventually.

Congratulations on your Increase!!!

Message 345 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

Open account May 25, 2020 with $1,500 CL on August 2 request CLI and got $500. I'm now at $2,000. I used about $1,000 in June & July and paid it off in full. I have multiply cards all with zero balance, I think I'll use only the Apple to show history and try again for CLI in September.

Message 346 of 363
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

@Anonymous wrote:

Open account May 25, 2020 with $1,500 CL on August 2 request CLI and got $500. I'm now at $2,000. I used about $1,000 in June & July and paid it off in full. I have multiply cards all with zero balance, I think I'll use only the Apple to show history and try again for CLI in September.

Welcome to My Fico Forums, @Anonymous.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the data points and congratulations on a nice CLI on the Apple card!

From many members, that relatively heavy use (as a percentage of existing credit limit) seems to be what triggers an approval.  So it's not so much the dollar amount as it is the dollar amount relative to the credit limit.  So you were using $1K / $1.5K or about 66% of credit limit over a couple of months.  That would be considered heavy usage.  As long as you are able to put at least 25% to 50% usage on the card over a few months, that may be enough to keep the gravy train rolling until you top out with them. (Even higher relative spend may not only give the approval but a larger CLI, but it seems that 25% usage is about where approvals start.) 

Your strategy will probably yield results.  Like Capital One, focusing spend on the card for a few months prior to a CLI request may increase your chances of approval.  (Some other lenders don't value that metric as highly.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 347 of 363
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card CLI Denial

@Aim_High wrote:

@jlitnns wrote:

I don't remember when I signed up but was approved $6.5k limit. Chatted for a CLI in Feb 2020 and they gave me $1k. I chatted the other day and they said I need to wait 6 months before I ask for another.

I only use this card 3-4 times per month for $5 purchases from the mini mart next to my office  because they take Apple Pay. I have bought an iPad and a couple other $200-300 purchases over the last 6 months on it so it does regularly get used.

Double confused ... I don't see either a Chase Amazon Visa or a Goldman Sachs Apple Card in your siggy?? Do you have both also?

If you want a big increase, spend heavy and PIF after statement cuts.

Ha-hah!!!

PIF *after* statement cuts...

My 20% [of CL] spending of my first bill cycle (last 3 weeks of Oct) was PIF *before*statement cut.

But if I let the balance pass past the bill cycle cut date, my FICO scores will decrease due to high UTIL (forecasted to be around 30%)... and one of the denial reasons is "your TU score has decreased since you got the card". 

So, how do I win? Hmmm...

AU:

Message 348 of 363
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase DPs

@Aim_High wrote:

@TMB_ wrote:

My first AppleCC CLI (4 business days after CLI request). Card limit was increased from 5000 to 6500 without HP/SP. Some additional data: age of the account: 7 months. Average spending ~1500/month with typical balance at closure date of 0USD.

Nice job on the CLI! Smiley Happy 

You spent more than 2x your credit limit over seven months, so you definitely met GS Bank's criteria!  That's what they are looking for.

This gives me hope. It's the case most similar to mine!

$5k CL

$1,2k - $1,5k monthly spending.

PIF before cut date.

I just wish I GS could grant it at the 91 days mark, and not need to wait 6 more months after my initial request for a resubmit.

Also, I am noticing a trend of:

monthly spending = CLI amount 

But, maybe is just coincidence or perception, given that I have not tracked that DP in particular.

AU:

Message 349 of 363
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase DPs

@woodyman100 wrote:

CLI from 15k to 20k

a few days past 4 months from the previous CLI.

Spend is 500-1100 per month

Flipping wesome! Congrats!!!

Did you requested the amount of $5k or just a CLI?

AU:

Message 350 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.