Not applicable

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

Applied for increase 12/1 awaiting outcome

Initial $4K. Currant balance $702
Message 151 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope this is just a stop-gap and GS is working on a more automated CLI process like the initial application process.

Message 152 of 363
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Their the new fish in the sea and they have a lot of new programs coming down the pipe. So it will be like a slow boat from China I’m sure. We all are going to have to be patient I’m sure.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 153 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

$250 limit here. Put in my request 11/22 still waiting. PIF every statement so hopefully I’ll get some type of increase.
Message 154 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High Still no word here but SL is $5500. Not optimistic after reading your analysis.
Message 155 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting to see some declines on Reddit. GS does seem to be looking at use and changes in credit profile since approval.

Message 156 of 363
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Gunnerboy

$6.5K SL

CLI: 12/06/19

Just used the card to buy an iPhone.  Curious if this transaction will enhance my chance for a CLI.  Doubt it, considering I chose the 24-month zero-interest financing, vs buying it outright..

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 157 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm starting to see some declines on Reddit. GS does seem to be looking at use and changes in credit profile since approval.

I believe they said they were not pulling new CRs, but using the existing ones. But, they are probably SP'ing anyway.
Message 158 of 363
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe they said they were not pulling new CRs, but using the existing ones. But, they are probably SP'ing anyway.

Yes they certainly will be doing a SP at time of evaluation..  I think anyone that got a decent > 5k CL and has alot of credit; are going to start to be fairly disappointed on results of CLI requests from the new dp''s coming in here and other forums..

Message 159 of 363
EW800
Valued Contributor

I know this pretty much calls for pure speculation, however I am wondering if others may have any thoughts what may be holding down the CL that Apple/GS has offered me, multiple times, on my Apple Card apps.  I have applied once a month for the last few months and each time offered $10K.  I know that is a CL that a lot of people would love to have, however if I were to accept it, it would be one of my lowest CL's.  I have just not felt that it is worth a HP for what would be one of my lowest CL's, so I habe declined each offer.  

With my scores, only one inquiry on one report, almost no debt and thick file and income in the $130K range, I am trying to figure out what may be holding my CL offer down.  My only thought is that perhaps it is because I have some very large CL's, but not using them (biggest example is that my Discover CL is over $70K, but I only charge a couple of hundred a month).  Could that be an issue or by chance would anyone have any speculation as to what may be keeping my offers down?  

Thanks! 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 160 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.