Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card credit limit increase DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

@Anonymous wrote:

Any news or updates from anyone on this?

They said it could take up to 30 days, I would imagine it's gonna be a bit before any of us know. 

Message 31 of 363
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

No way do I believe that theire is gender descrimination here.

Message 32 of 363
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

No update from my request yet.
Message 33 of 363
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@cgeorge, me either - the GF and I both have one I have a 5k limit and she has a 6.5k limit. I make 20-30k more than her and I believe my scores were higher by just a little too. So for us the discrimination claim is b/s...

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 34 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread isn't about discrimination, it's about the fact that they are allowing anyone to request a review of their account. The mods have asked us not to talk about the discrimination on this forum and have locked two other threads. I didn't mention anything about the news when I asked them for the review so they are apparently offering it to anyone who isn't happy with their limit right now. No harm in trying since it's not an HP to do so. 

Message 35 of 363
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Add me to the list of people awaiting a CLI decision.

I called yesterday, given the "Up To 30-day" message.

Customer Service rep was very nice.  I explained that when I applied, my lowest credit line at the time was $22K and average was into the 30's, so the $20K they gave me was very inconsistent with my other credit lines.  And that I had noted on credit forums that data points indicated much higher limits were often awarded.  I also pointed out that I scored a perfect "850" TU score when they ran my credit, have strong six-figure income, low Debt-to-Income, long credit history.  I have been using the card and keeping it paid off, but I haven't run up large charges on it yet, maybe less than $100 a month for smaller charges.

Moreover, I pointed out that they apparently didn't take into account that I have substantial deposits over six figures in a Goldman Sachs bank "Marcus" money market account (that at one time was earning 2.25% interest before the prime rate lowered.)  I told her that most banks would be falling all over themselves to take care of a customer with that much on deposit.  Lol  Smiley Tongue  She took all my info and said they would get back with me.  They've lowered their rates repeatedly lately though, so I'll be moving much of it soon, one way or the other.  I can earn a wicked $1K bonus for moving it to a new Capital One money market and then another bonus later for moving it to Merrill so that I can qualify for Platinum Honors in Bank of America's Premium Rewards program.   Smiley Happy

FICO TU Score 9 20190822.png

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 36 of 363
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I sent a message via the app 2 weeks ago and received an answer last night.

They bumped my limit from 2500 to 15000.

They couldn't pull my credit on the initial app and I haven't seen one for this yet

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 37 of 363
DrewfromTexas
New Contributor

That’s awesome news for all of us!!
Message 38 of 363
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I sent a message via the app 2 weeks ago and received an answer last night.

They bumped my limit from 2500 to 15000.

They couldn't pull my credit on the initial app and I haven't seen one for this yet

Wow, congrats!

Message 39 of 363
marty56
Super Contributor

Barclays Is an odd duck.  They recently closed my card due to lack of use yet they did auto CLIs while there was a little use and no CLI at all until it was PIF.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 40 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.