New Contributor

Re: Apple Card credit limit increase

We are talking about Goldman Sachs and the Apple Card
Message 41 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

I sent a message via the app 2 weeks ago and received an answer last night.

They bumped my limit from 2500 to 15000.

They couldn't pull my credit on the initial app and I haven't seen one for this yet

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. 

Message 42 of 363
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

They couldn't pull my credit on the initial app and I haven't seen one for this yet

@woodyman100 

That's great news for appl holders, I know many have sent requests in, glad to see they granted yours.

I take it your card is around 3 months old or so? Any particular way you worded  your request? Just looking to add dps for the former FOTMSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 43 of 363
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Congrats, that's quite a bump! Smiley Happy

What Use/Utilization were you running of the $2500 limit?

And/or how frequently were you using it?

Was all of it Apple Pay or did you use the physical credit card too?

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 44 of 363
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I saw either here or on Reddit that someone had been given consideration because a technical issue had prevented a credit pull at approval.
As with me, approval was based on history with Apple and their products.
I referenced that issue when I asked.
I was told that I would hear a response within 30 days.
I gave it a 50/50 shot.
The OP before me had actually seen success so it does work for some.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 45 of 363
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 

Awesome!!! Congrats that is huge. 

Could you provide data points, usage, utilization info for those considering a request?

Message 46 of 363
busted2
New Contributor

FWIW they must be so inundated with requests CS initiated my request thirty seconds after I reached them. They did not want the slightest reasoning (they are my lowest CL). Request initiated wait thirty days. My follow up: No hard pull. Response seconds later:

"We will not be pulling the customer's credit report. We will use the existing credit bureau data we have in connection with the customer's account. There will be no effect on your current credit score."

The initial lines where so conservative the current news cycle made it an ideal time them to consider lines more representative of other issuers.  (🤷🏻‍♂️).

Message 47 of 363
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting wasnt going to submit for reconsideration, but after @woodyman100 post i figured i would.  sent message they said it could take up to 30 days as you all mentioned.  was intiially approved for 7.5k with a 800 TU score and a fairly high income, not sure why they really kinda low balled me when my average limit is 20-25k and high limit is 61k with BofA and many other 25-35k and one 50k limit.  I basically said if you want me to take you seriously and use you for normal spend and apple spend please take my other accounts into consideration along with income and my scores as believe you all were way to conservative on initial credit limits and based off other DP people with lower scores/income were approved for higher limit.. We will see if anything comes of it, doesnt hurt to ask since at least they are reconsidering otherwise i will just use for apple music and uber.  Be interesting to see other DPs start to roll in

Message 48 of 363
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If i used Apple i would DEMAND a sl of $500 or lower! Must adhere to my below average income and average repSmiley Wink.

Great job @woodyman100, luck CC, hope they give you the caramel covered oneSmiley Happy
Message 49 of 363
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I took the offer of 7500 as was decent enough and probably more than i would ever spend on a card unless they bring 0 percent financing for macbook pros to this card as well which i speculate they will do.  With that said doesnt hurt to ask since they are reconsidering CL's on a one by one basis.  If I get it great, otherwise i knew accepting card it was 7500.  Also kinda curious why i got the 17.x rate vs. 12.x rate, but that is just another little annoyance, but if carry balances it is either on a 0% or 1.99% rate.  They certainly arent obligated by any means to raise it, just hopeful when they look at my profile as a whole by a human eye vs computer

Message 50 of 363
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.