Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Because I am interpreting "past dues" as late payments, not BK. Am I wrong to think this way? 

While applying for credit, I do get rejections with the reasons of BK. But this one didn't specify that, but specified past dues. 

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 11 of 251
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Yes you are.  I suggest you visit our Bankruptcy section and our Understanding FICO scoring for more personalied information concerning your situation.  Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. TU score 723. 3% utilization. No other hits, inquiries, BK’s. Last late payment was 7 years ago. 

Called TU and they said there were no recent past due payments, so they’re investigating, but not expecting a different outcome. I’ve seen a few other people say they were declined for this reason with no recent past dues, wonder what the deal is.

Message 13 of 251
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same. TU score 723. 3% utilization. No other hits, inquiries, BK’s. Last late payment was 7 years ago. 

Called TU and they said there were no recent past due payments, so they’re investigating, but not expecting a different outcome. I’ve seen a few other people say they were declined for this reason with no recent past dues, wonder what the deal is.

Any collection accounts?

Also, what is your months since last negative?  ( you can get this for free on CK )

EDIT  It is easier to find on CCT or Experian.Com ( free )  by clicking menu / credit reports

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last negative was 2 years 3 months ago. Unsure what it’s referring to - Experian doesn’t show any details on what that means - but it’s most likely a hard inquiry for another card I applied for about that time (and was approved for).

The one account I’m waiting to drop off my report was sent to collections and was charged off. Settled back in 2013, and the estimated date it’ll be removed from my credit report is in October. That’s the only account that I’m thinking might be causing it, but it’s not really a “recent past due”.

Message 15 of 251
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last negative was 2 years 3 months ago. Unsure what it’s referring to - Experian doesn’t show any details on what that means - but it’s most likely a hard inquiry for another card I applied for about that time (and was approved for).

The one account I’m waiting to drop off my report was sent to collections and was charged off. Settled back in 2013, and the estimated date it’ll be removed from my credit report is in October. That’s the only account that I’m thinking might be causing it, but it’s not really a “recent past due”.

2y 3m from last negative is the issue you have.  Please take this to understanding FICO Scoring section for more info

Message 16 of 251
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@audio-disabled wrote:

Because I am interpreting "past dues" as late payments, not BK. Am I wrong to think this way? 

While applying for credit, I do get rejections with the reasons of BK. But this one didn't specify that, but specified past dues. 

Yes, because bankruptcy typically forces you to miss your payments. Most lenders won't go back further than 2 years to cite recent past dues, but like what's been said before, BK is as bad as it gets now that judgements are no longer reported.

Message 17 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2y 3m from last negative is the issue you have.  Please take this to understanding FICO Scoring section for more info

Thanks, I've opened a new thread. It was actually 2 years 7 months - still doesn't jive with what I'm seeing in the account summaries, and in Score Ingredients it says my last late payment was 5 years 10 months ago.

Message 18 of 251
rayray7787
Established Member

I received denial of "recent past due" with 718 TU score and $131,000 income. I have a past due that is over 4 years old. Have CSP with 22,400 limit and with 3% util and really don't know what they are looking for as far as customer base. On reddit some have been approved with far less income and low to middle 600s score. Approvals seem totally random.
Message 19 of 251
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

I would imagine that the people that got in early with mediocre scores are all lucky.

I'm sure many of millions of people want the new apple card, and there is no way they can extend them all credit the first week.. I think as time goes on, they'll tighten the requirements and can pretty much pick and choose who they let in.

This whole process is newe to both Goldman Sachs and Apple.. They'll learn and adapt pretty quickly..

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 20 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.