cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY GOT THE INVITE FOR THE APPLE CARD!

The screenshots of your credit profile are from Credit Karma which uses VantageScore 3.0 scores and not FICO scores.  So they aren't relevant to the decision made by Goldman Sachs.  Earlier in the thread you said your utilization is 49%.  Assuming that your aggregate utilization, it would be a significant concern to any potential lender as it indicates you're carrying balances roughly equal to half of your available credit lines.  Pay down those balances and your score will go up and you'll probably be approved.

Message 41 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score itself came from my Discover Credit Scorecard and the rest of it (total accounts, average age) came from Credit Karma. 

I appreciate the information and ultimately I agree. I always PIF, but I missed the reporting date on two of my cards by just a few a days for the first time ever so I'm going to have to wait 30 days or so to reapply. Oh well! 

Message 42 of 251
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card Decline, as expected!

Same here. Seems they don’t want ANY bad stuff on your report. Which is... interesting.

Guess I’ll reapply in 2025. 😂

Message 43 of 251
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the denial! Based on the recent DPs, under 3 year derogs seemed to be recent to their liking. At least it’s SP so no harm done.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 44 of 251
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Adalen wrote:
Same here. Seems they don’t want ANY bad stuff on your report. Which is... interesting.

Guess I’ll reapply in 2025. 😂

Not true.  I have seen plenty of approvals with negatives on reports.  Mine are too recent, and more to the point, a 654 FICO is not going to cut it with those derogitories.

I will try again soon, as long as the SP method is in place and my scores continue to improve.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 45 of 251
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Also, just FYI, the "early invitation to apply" email just came in, more than 12 hours after I applied via wallet.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 46 of 251
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Appears you have a really thin profile as well.. Newer to credit?  I am just seeing this from your signature 4 cards if correct.. I also assume it is mainly due to utilization.

Message 47 of 251
RotaryP7
Valued Member

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I was also denied with the “past due recently” remark. My score was high 600s, $70K income. I haven’t had any late payments recently, at all. I did have an AMEX account go into collections years ago which I’m paying. But why not just say that? Oh well.
Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 48 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly considered a thin file for revolving lines of credit, but I wouldn't say I'm a thin file overall. I was low 400s back when I started my credit journey in May of 2017 - at this time I had a chargeoff Capital One credit card that I paid off and had removed from my credit report. My oldest credit card is about two years, that's my Cap1 in my sig... and then the other three cards I opened October of 2018 so about a year for those and I haven't opened any additional credit cards since. If we're looking at the overall picture I have 3 paid off auto loans, 4 open currently (which I feel is a huge factor having so much installment loan debt...), several paid off personal loans. As far as a lender is concerned, if they pulled my report today they would see nothing, but positive history, but only roughly two years of it. I think a couple factors include several inquiries, credit utilization and then taking on way too much debt too fast. I essentially took on $100,000 in auto loan debt over the course of the last year.
Message 49 of 251
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

That’s good to know.

Message 50 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.