cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

Banks generally don’t let your product change cobranded cards. It’s usually against the terms of the agreements with the brand. Even Barclays which no longer offers the Apple Card will not let you change to one of their other brands. The just rebranded the Apple Card to somthing generic. The financing card is what I think they are calling it. An exception is when the brand goes out of business (ToysRUs)

You can not recon the decline. There is no recon. I doubt there ever will be. GS is putting a lot of faith their Fintech provider. They are pulling all sorts of obscure reports. I doubt they want to manual override declines without at least a year of data first.

You can reapply in 30 days. They  initially were letting people reapply immediately (like 24 hours iirc) but they stopped that.

Message 171 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

FWIW, it let me apply again immediately but got the same message. I've been over TU with a fine-toothed comb and there's nothing more recent than 2014 that's negative. Craziness.

Message 172 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card Denied - Just some DPs

BK7 Discharged May 2019

Went through the pre qualification steps for the apple card on the iphone. Denied and got an email stating my FICO9 TU score as 672 and reasons for denial listed below

• You have recently been past due
  • You have recently experienced a charge off
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy
Message 173 of 251
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card Denied - Just some DPs

All of that was from the soft pull app?

Message 174 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep
Message 175 of 251
Okthen06498
Established Member

They are a little strange though . I applied 4 times since it came out . All denials for various reasons . My scores have not changed at all . Applied again last week ....hard pull after I accepted . Approval $5000. Go figure!
Message 176 of 251
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@okthen06498,

As my Mother would say, “if at first you don’t succeed, try try again”!

You did just and and VOILA!

Message 177 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card denial

Declined for Apple Card.
Reasons given were: Available credit on open revolving accounts is too low, Delinquent/derogatory status on reported accounts is too recent, Lack of sufficient relevant first mortgage account information.
My utilization is at 10%, the last time I was delinquent was 5 years ago and that was an apartment complex collection, and I'm not even sure what they mean by lack of relevant first mortgage information because I've never had a mortgage. TU pulled 675, don't know what scoring model is used.
Message 178 of 251
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card denial

@Anonymous wrote:
Declined for Apple Card.
Reasons given were: Available credit on open revolving accounts is too low, Delinquent/derogatory status on reported accounts is too recent, Lack of sufficient relevant first mortgage account information.
My utilization is at 10%, the last time I was delinquent was 5 years ago and that was an apartment complex collection, and I'm not even sure what they mean by lack of relevant first mortgage information because I've never had a mortgage. TU pulled 675, don't know what scoring model is used.

So sorry for the disapproval. 

1. You say your UT is at 10%. Can you list all of your cards, their balances, and CLs?
  2. If the collection is still on your report, even though it's 5 years old, it's still there and that is a problem for some creditors.
  3. Sometimes creditors just start throwing in random things and that is probably what happened here. Do you have any type of installment loan.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 179 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card denial

Sure thing.
US Bank Cash+: $0/$1000

Discover Cash Back: $203/$1000

Target Red Card: $37/$800

Discover Cash Back: $426/$4000

Cap1 QS: $0/$700

I understand the collection itself may be an issue, but I wouldn't classify 5 years as "recent." I have three open auto loans currently, one of which is paid off, but hasn't reported yet.
Message 180 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.