Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I have received the same reasoning and have no recent past due account or charge-offs. I called TU already and they said I do not have anything past due recently. The only thing that's past due is an old student loan from 2014 with a (30) day late before it was transferred to Nelnet. I'm not too upset seeing I have NFCU and AMEX cards with high limits but it's funny seeing people get approved on reddit with low 600 and limited credit history lol.
Message 31 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY GOT THE INVITE FOR THE APPLE CARD!

...declined.

lmao
Message 32 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY GOT THE INVITE FOR THE APPLE CARD!

What’s on your TU report? Lates, charge off’s, collections, bankruptcy?

Message 33 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I was really drunk and super excited for the application and extremely disappointed when I posted this... hahah.

TU came up at a 687. No derogatory marks whatsoever. AAOC is 1.7 years. No charge offs, no collections, no BK. UTI is 49%

Message 34 of 251
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Apple Card Decline, as expected!

Last evening I was able to apply in Wallet.  I fully expected a decline, and was almost going to wait until September for attempt number one, but went ahead ... for Science!

As we know, the score that  GS used is a Fico9 from TU. It is certainly not TU FICO8.  They pulled a 654 for me.  My TU FICO8 is 674. 

We also know they don't like past charge offs and recent delinquencies.  Those were my AA reason codes.  I need to look up the date but the (PAID) charge off is over 2 years old, and i do have my most recent late that at 5-6 months old.  

I might give it a whirl in September.  I expect another 10-15 points on TU next month, but have not been tracking non FICO8s yet during my rebuild.   If the FICO9 is still lagging so far behind, I may have to wait longer;  650 with bad guys obviously won't cut it! 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 35 of 251
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apple Card Decline, as expected!

SorrySmiley Sad Sometimes the ball bounces and hits us in the faceSmiley Wink
Message 36 of 251
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
SorrySmiley Sad Sometimes the ball bounces and hits us in the faceSmiley Wink

I saw it coming and jumped in its way!

(Seriously, the SP method these applications follow made it a no brainer to apply even though I expected rejection).

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 37 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the denial, but thanks for the DPs
Message 38 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Untitled.png
Here's the breakdown of my credit profile currently... the majority of those 54 inquiries are auto loans from essentially 4 different vehicles. The decline reasons listed too many inquiries and too many recent installment trade lines.

Message 39 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Untitled.png
Here's the breakdown of my credit profile currently... the majority of those 54 inquiries are auto loans from essentially 4 different vehicles. The decline reasons listed too many inquiries and too many recent installment trade lines.

You shoot for the moon with those inquiries like a rockstar!  I think that might be a contributing factor to the denial- but I could be wrong. 

Message 40 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.