Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Decline

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for the Apple Card today and was declined. Wanted to share so that other folks can use this data to decide whether or not to apply. 

Score was Transunion 620 — not sure which score this even is because in my MyFICO account (that I pay and subscribe to) I have no scores that are 620.

Reason for decline: 

• You have recently been past due
  • A bank has recently closed your account

It's been over a year since I have had any late marks and I do not have any bank closures on my account, unless they are referring to one from 2017. Obviously I am on the road to credit recovery (per my signature) so I wasn't sure what to expect but it seems like they prefer no-credit over repaired-credit from what I can tell.

What was the situation with the bank closure? Did a bank close your account? Did it close with a negative balance? (Looking for feedback from anyone that received this reason)

If GS is really deny people for closing accounts on their own that could be an issue.

Message 111 of 251
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I get it, I really do. But I'm still hecka salty about my denial, too, haha. They are not even tryin' to play with our rebuild profiles.

I'm holding out hope that they adjust some of their requirements after the preview. They're about to make me dust off my goodwill letters.

Message 112 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

The application finally worked but I was denied. No big loss and at least no HP.

They said my debt is too high relative to my income.

TU score - 687
Income - $108,000
Utilization - 18%

Message 113 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Approved first time was denied for a bank closing my account called TU they said they have nothing on that. Went to Chexsystems froze my Chexsystems as I know this is not true because I just signed up for a Bank Account with my CU less than a year ago and got approved and they did a complete Chexsystems run. 

Anyways

$4000 SL

12.99% APR

TU Score - 719

Income - $70,000

Utilization - 10%

Message 114 of 251
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got Approved first time was denied for a bank closing my account called TU they said they have nothing on that. Went to Chexsystems froze my Chexsystems as I know this is not true because I just signed up for a Bank Account with my CU less than a year ago and got approved and they did a complete Chexsystems run. 

Anyways

$4000 SL

12.99% APR

TU Score - 719

Income - $70,000

Utilization - 10%

Good for you. Congratulations. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 115 of 251
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

@Adalen wrote:

They are not even tryin' to play with our rebuild profiles.

What would be their motivation?

Message 116 of 251
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@privacyadvocate69 wrote:

@Adalen wrote:

They are not even tryin' to play with our rebuild profiles.

What would be their motivation?

Same as any other FI that has segmentation as part of their overall CC portfolio - revenue.  And, it's fair to say, certain profiles that may meet GS origination thresholds and would be considered on the "rebuild" side of the spectrum (i.e. BK, CO's, etc.) have had some successes for a variety of individuals.  If you haven't already, take a look at the approval threads and the DPs in the Apple megathread.  So, there's enough evidence to support such "motivation".

Message 117 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I just thought of something. Have you checked ALL of your credit reports, including not only the three main but also SageStream, Innovis, etc? I ask because it could be one tiny error.
Message 118 of 251
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind, that a CU will often approve a bank account when regular banks wont. So you can not be sure about the info in chexsystems based on that.
Message 119 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could some of these "recently been past due" denials be due to utility bill payment history? Doesn't FICO 9 include that in the score?

Message 120 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.